The Facebook contest rules are actually a great way to engage all customers/users to find and collect useful marketing data. But sponsoring such promotional campaigns requires the inclusion of legal regulations and restrictions that can be confusing or worse. All your goals are to have fun with your customers and potential customers. In order to host a social media Facebook contest, you will make sure you are following the laws and rules that laid out by the platform you are hosting it on.
The Facebook contest rules in the post will explain some issues you need to be aware of before you host your next social media contest. The Facebook contest is a campaign effort, skill, or merit, which is required to enter to win a prize. For instance, you may require people to upload a photo or video in order to enter. The winner determines by voting or other judging standards.
Facebook contest on what you can do and can’t do
There are different things you can actually do on the Facebook contest and what you cannot do on the platform. Here are a few things you need to know.
What you can do:
- This actually requires people to like a post and comment on a post to be entered.
- It requires someone to post something directly on your timeline to enter. This could be a text post or a photo.
- This is a voting method, either liking a post or photo on your timeline.
- This requires a message to your page to enter.
- It announces the winner of the content on your Facebook page.
- This requires the price to be winning, for people to come back to your page to see who has won the contest.
- This allows you to use the like button on the website as a voting process.
- You can use your app plugin to post an entry to your content directly on your page.
- This allows you to run your contest through the Facebook app.
What you can’t do:
- People share a post or photo to involve in.
- Someone can post something on their own personal timeline or friend’s timeline to enter.
- This requires people to tag themselves in a photo to either vote or enter.
- Anyone who likes your page involved to win. The contest does not take place on the timeline.
However, if you are wondering what your contest will not work within the rules, you actually have to think about where the engagement on Facebook happens. If it’s directly on your timeline or through your message button, then you are probably set to go. And there is every probability that you can use the third-party apps to run the contest.