Facebook event helps you organize, and respond to gatherings around the globe, with Facebook people. People are brought together with Facebook events, by using tools and tips, to set up a great event, reach your audience, sell tickets, and measure performance.
With the Facebook event, you can create an event, through your page, to connect with your audience and empower them, to spend time together in the real world. Facebook as a platform has 490 million people, who use Facebook page events each month. These users, engage with public events each month. On the other hand, millions of event pages have been created on Facebook as well as 35 million people who view a public event each day.
Facts on Facebook Event
The Facebook event allows users to create awareness to their friends and loved ones. This awareness Users can make their Facebook event stand out by doing the following;
- Select an event video or photo.
- Make a clear and concise event name.
- Add a location that tallies to a Facebook page or a Facebook suggested a location to enable people to discover and learn about your event.
- Set a specific date and time to the event to help people discover it.
- Supply ample description for the event.
Add a ticket link, if you are selling tickets to your events. Add your event’s ticketing provider website link to the Ticket URL field to simplify the ticket buying procedure for people.
How to Create a Facebook Event
Creating an event on Facebook is very easy, it depends on what the user wants to create awareness for. Although, the user has to own a Facebook account. Once this is in place users can create a Facebook event with the following steps.
- Click open Facebook, by tapping the Facebook app icon, which looks like a white “f” on a dark blue background. This pops open your News Feed page if you are logged in already.
- Users are to carry out the Facebook login process to access their Facebook account. Users are to fill in the email address (or phone number) and password to login to their Facebook account.
- Click the three line icon, which is either at the bottom-right corner of the screen (iPhone) or the top-right corner of the screen for (Android). This pops open a menu.
- Click “Events”, which is located near the top of the menu
- In case, the user using the experimental version of Facebook. They may have to scroll down to locate events
- Click “Create” for (iPhone) or +. On iPhone, click “Create”, at the top-right corner of the screen, and on Android, click the blue plus sign, at the bottom-right of the screen. This will pop up a menu at the bottom of the screen.
Steps To Selecting An Event Type On Facebook
After the user locates the create event button on the platform. All they have to do now is select the type of event they want to create awareness on. After that, they can now finalize the Facebook event creation process.
- Choose an event type. If the user is using an iPhone, they are to choose an event type from the menu. While Android users are to click the event type on the top page and choose one of the following options. Create Private event, Create a Public event and Create group event.
- Type in a name for the event, at the “event title” text field, at the top of the screen.
- Upload photos for the event, by clicking the camera or photos icon, to the right of the event’s name, then choose photos from your phone.
- Add a time for the event, by tapping the current time, choose a date, and click Ok
- Enter a location, by tapping on the “Location” field, fill in a location name, thereafter, click the location properly. This assigns an address to the event.
- Add a description, by tapping the “More info”, then fill in the appropriate information that will enable people who are coming for your event.
- Edit other event options, based on the kind of event you’re hosting. These options include; Private, Public, and group.
- Click “Create”, which is the blue button at the bottom of the screen. Doing this will publish your event.
Users can always create a Facebook event with the above steps. Now that your Facebook event has been created, you can now go ahead and make your event memorable, by connecting with your friends as well as bring them closer.