A Facebook profile picture is an image that represents a Facebook account in all its interaction. Also, a Facebook Profile pictures are displayed as an image. Next to the account name on posts, comments, and mentions depending on the platform. Users can usually upload a profile picture on their Facebook account, Facebook pages or groups.
Facebook profile picture basically is an icon which represents a user’s partial identity. It is also a virtual interface of Facebook users, which Facebook users actually wants to display to others. Which is friends and families, work colleagues, school colleagues, loved ones who are the user’s friend on the Facebook account? You can set your Facebook profile pictures in other to make your friends find it easier in locating your accounts, send you a friend request/add you up on Facebook.
Why Do You Need Facebook Profile Pictures
Facebook profile pictures determine who you are. Therefore every user must be careful, with what he or she wants to post or set as their profile pictures on the platform. However, there are some policies [rules and regulations] which the website [Facebook] has placed. For a fair use of every user account in other to avoid disabling of their accounts. Facebook profile picture helps users to save their pictures on the website, to help them recover it anytime it gets lost from their phones, systems, tabs etc.
Below are the reasons why you need Facebook profile pictures:
- To help other people to identify you.
- It helps users express themselves.
- It enables others to develop the right impressions for you.
- To attract people to your Facebook pages, accounts etc.
What Types Of Profile Pictures Is Not Allowed On Facebook
Facebook has it rules and regulations that create awareness to users. Awareness of what kind of pictures they should post and not post on their account. So, these make it easy for the users to stay clear from the disciplinary action of the platform. However below are a few things that are not allowed on Facebook when posting a profile picture:
- Nudity or other sexually suggestive contents.
- Fake or impostor profile pictures.
Users that upload pictures that are sexually abusive or goes against the policies of Facebook profile picture content. However, that user can end up been blocked by Facebook as part of the disciplinary actions.
How To Upload Facebook Profile Picture
There are steps that show users how to upload or change their profile pictures on their Facebook accounts. However, to add a profile picture or change your current profile picture on your account follow the steps below:
- From your news feed, click on the click your name in the top left and hover over your profile picture.
- So click update profile picture.
- You can upload a picture from your computer, Add frames, and also Select a photo you already uploaded or tagged on.
- Crop your picture and click save. But if you don’t want to crop your picture you can click on skip crop and click save.
For best quality, your profile picture must be 320 pixels wide and 320 pixels tall. Note, your current profile picture is always public. make sure you have an active wireless connection.