With a job board like Glassdoor, you sure can wave goodbye to the hassles of job and employee hunting. Right from your comfort zone, you can just find talents for your company or find a job that suits you.
In the meantime, Glassdoor is a popular platform and American website where current and former employees review companies anonymously.
They are headquartered in San Francisco, California, and also have additional offices in Chicago, Dublin, London, and São Paulo.
The company was co-founded in the year 2007 by Tim Besse, Robert Hohman (who serves as the CEO of the company), and Expedia founder Rich Barton, who served as the chairman of the company.
More than thousands of people around the world use the Glassdoor website daily. Moreover, it is one of the most known employer rating platforms and attracts over 50 million unique monthly visits.
Glassdoor provides employers with a range of tools to build and manage their employer brand online, on their website 83% of their users are in search of work and willing to consider new opportunities, and below 83% read at least four reviews when researching a company before starting any judgment.
Hence in this article, we will be enlightening you on everything you need to know about Glassdoor, all you just need to do is follow up until the end of this page.
What is Glassdoor?
Glassdoor is an online job search board and employer website. They are currently partnering with Indeed, and they no longer give employers the option of posting jobs directly on their site.
The job board is different from other job search boards just because of the role that employee reviews play. All job seekers visiting their website are permitted to see their reviews, ratings, and salary.
As a job seeker, you can see all this on their website and all their information about their companies before you can apply for any job on their own website.
Types of Jobs Available on Glassdoor
On the Glassdoor website there are various types of jobs available that you can apply for, Here are some of the types of jobs you can apply for on Glassdoor below;
- Pipeline Engineer.
- Course facilitators.
- Business development manager.
- Delivery driver.
- Operations Manager.
- Contract and Procurement Specialist.
- Construction Manager.
- Video Editor intern.
- Events Consultants.
The list above is some of the jobs on Glassdoor, there are many jobs you can find available on their website, to get to know more you can visit their official website.
Using Glassdoor comes with a lot of advantages, and some of them include:
- Paid job postings on Indeed are listed on Glassdoor also.
- The site provides targeted advertising options.
- The site gives analytics tools that provide insights into page visits, follower engagement, and rating data.
- Employers can request and respond to the company interview.
- Employers will be able to showcase their company profiles and customize their profiles for job seekers in a variety of countries around the world.
The list above is just a few advantages of Glassdoor. Get access to more when you use Glassdoor for your job purposes.
To make accessing the platform easier, Glassdoor has created a mobile app. To use this mobile app, you are required to first download it on your device.
The app is however available for free download on both Android and iOS devices via the Google Play and App Store respectively. Here are the steps you can follow below to download the app;
- Launch your device’s app store.
- Locate the app using the store’s search engine.
- Tap on the app from the search result.
- Then click on the “install” or “get” button.
- Your download will begin immediately.
Once you have downloaded the app, you can launch the app and start a job or employee hunting for free.
They provide free and paid plans. The platform charges per job slot with pricing starting at about $199.00. Since they are partnering with Indeed, employers will pay for a job posting on Indeed to have their job advertised on Glassdoor.
However, Indeed gives free and paid options, but only paid posts also appear on Glassdoor. Indeed’s pricing starts at about $5.00 per day with application pricing.
How to Sign Up
Signing up on the Glassdoor app is a straightforward and easy task to do. Here are simple steps you can follow to go about the process below;
- With a stable internet connection, visit their official website.
- Or use their app after downloading.
- Click “Create account”.
- Type in your email address in the Enter email field.
- Click “Continue with Email”.
- Create your own Password.
- Click Create Account.
With this, you will be able to successfully create an account on Glassdoor.
Once you have signed up for an account, you can now login to your account to be able to access the platform. Here is how to go about the login process below;
- Go to the Glassdoor official login page.
- Type in your Email address.
- Type in the Password you created.
- Click the log-in button below to enter into your account.
How to Post a Job on Glassdoor
There are just a few steps you need to take for you to post a job on Glassdoor, and they are as follows:
- Visit Glassdoor’s official website.
- Login to your account.
- Locate the job posting section.
- Enter basic information.
- Craft your job description.
- Select a pricing plan.
- Enter your company information and checkout.
With the list above, you should be able to post a job on Glassdoor without any hassle.
How to Apply for a Job
Applying for jobs on Glassdoor is very fast and easy. You just need to take a few steps to successfully apply for any job of your choice. Here are the steps you can follow below;
- Visit Glassdoor’s official website.
- Search for a job you’d like to apply for using the search engine.
- Click a job that matches your experience or interest.
- Tap the Apply Now or the Easy Apply button.
- For “Apply Now”: You will be automatically directed to the company’s career site to complete your application.
- For “Easy Apply”: You will have to apply from Glassdoor using the Indeed Easy Apply form.
- Click on Apply when completed.
With the steps above, you should be able to apply for any job on Glassdoor easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Glassdoor do?
Their sites offer more than thousands of jobs opening latest jobs to be exact, combined with a growing database of company reviews, salary reports, and a lot more concerns.
They also deal with interview reviews and questions, and benefits reviews. Visit their website to find out more about what they do.
What is Glassdoor Best for?
Glassdoor is best for both job seekers and employers. Job seekers look out for the ratings and reviews of companies and the job roles on their requirements, salaries, benefits, and other positions, while employers use it for their own organization and their reputation to manage.