Google Webmaster Tools – Sign Up | Login | Add A Site to Google Search Console? On the contrary, Webmaster is a person who is responsible for the management, maintenance, or programming of a website. Google webmaster tools is web platform that enables users to index their Website and also check the status of indexing their website on Google search engine. Besides, What is Google Webmaster Tools used for? Google Webmaster Tools is the essential component for Google to communicate with website admins (Or Webmasters). Google Search Console or Google Webmaster Tool lets you distinguish issues with your webpage and can even update you regarding whether your site has been tainted with malware or not.
This tool helps to inform google search engine about a particular website or webpage on your website. This we help improve the search presence of your website on search engine. Meanwhile, there are other online webmaster tools on the internet such as
- Yandex webmaster tools.
- Bing webmaster tools.
Google webmaster tools offer free services to it users to enable them to add their website on Google search engine results. This search console platform provides tools that allow webmasters.
- Inspect your website sitemap.
- Check and correct the frequency of indexing.
- Information’s on how regularly Googlebot for through a website.
- Create and test file roots.txt file.
- Show all internal and external backlinks to the site page.
- Show error that the robot has encountered and how you’re site is been indexed by Google.
There are other important tools on Google webmaster tools. Users can also access other resources like structure data testing tool, structure data makeup helper. Email markup tester, Google my business, Google merchant center, Pagespeed insights, custom search, Google Domains, and webmaster academy.
How to Setup Google Webmaster Tools
If you are new to portal here are the basic requirements on how to Setup Google webmaster tools. Users who want to make use of this platform need to sign up for an account. Creating an account is easy but note that if you already have a Gmail account you don’t need to sign up for Google webmaster tools account.
This is because all Google services are linked to Gmail Account. You can always login using you Gmail account details. To get tips on how to create a Gmail account read our Gmail sign up Article on how to create an account. If you already have an account let get started.
How to Verify a Website | Google Webmaster Verification
In other to make effective use of this platform user needs to add his or her website to Google search console. Below is a step guide on how to verify a website on Google webmaster tools.
- Launch your web browser and enter the url as www.google.com/webmaters/tools/ in the address bar section.
- Login to your account using your Gmail account.
- Add your website or Android app to Google search console.
- Enter the URL in the box and click on add a property icon.
- Complete the verification process by uploading the HTML file to your website.
- After you have successfully uploaded the HTML file to your website click on verify.
There are five different google verification code option. A user can select any opinions they want to use as the verification process. This gives you access to allow Google webmaster tools index your website.
How to Add a Sitemap on Google Webmaster Tools
Sitemap helps to inform Google search console about what page you have on your website. This enables the search console to easily index your post, page, category, and post tag on your website. Below is a step by step guide on how to add a sitemap to Google search console.
- Login into your Google webmaster tools account.
- At the left tab click on crawl and click on a site map.
- Click on add/test sitemap icon at the top right section.
- Enter the sitemap link in the box and click on submit icon below.
Users are also required to always submit post URL of a particular post to search console so that your post can be index. Under crawl click on Fetch as Google and enter the URL in the box then click on fetch and render.