Are you a foreigner? Are good at Ground Maintainance jobs? Do you know that you can get Grounds Maintenance Worker and earn at least $15,000 – $30,000 monthly? Also, people don’t believe they can earn up to $18 – $25 hourly payment doing this job Well, yeah you can. As a ground maintenance worker, certain duties would be assigned to you. Want to know those duties and even more about the job. Then you should keep reading a lot of information on Grounds Maintenance Worker Jobs in the USA for Foreigners. Would be made known to you in this article.
Doing ground maintenance work is not a bad idea. Besides, there are benefits attached to the work. And it is a job you can enjoy doing while working. As a ground maintenance worker, some of the duties assigned to you include; edging, cutting grasses, weeding, planting trees, pruning, doing some small tree works, maintaining sports pitches, making beds, and doing any other garden tasks in line with ground maintenance. And if you are good at these and you have the requirements that would be listed for you below. You can go ahead and apply for the job as a foreigner. Then move down to the USA to start working.
Requirements for Grounds Maintenance Worker Jobs in the USA for Foreigners
One unique thing about this job is that on most occasions it doesn’t have any education requirement. But some employers might require you as a worker to have a formal education. If not that, a list of certifications in different areas. Some of these areas include landscape design, horticulture, or arboriculture. This depends on the work you want to apply for underground maintenance.
Skills and Qualifications to be a Ground Maintenance Worker in the USA as a Foreigner
Every job requires you to be skilled before you can be employed. So it is with a Ground maintenance job. And as you already know, a ground maintenance worker is responsible for certain duties. These duties include; maintaining pleasing and functional outdoor space. And to do this requires you to have some skills. These skills include;
- Ability to lift about 50 pounds.
- Have in-depth knowledge about gardening techniques.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to stand for a long period.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Knowledge about gardening products and materials.
- Be familiar with sprinkler systems and other landscaping equipment.
Other skills and qualifications that would be required of you depend on your employer and the duties you have been assigned to in the Ground maintenance work aspect.
Duties And Responsibilities of a Groundskeeper
As a ground keeper or a ground maintenance worker. There are some duties and responsibilities given to you by your employee. And some of these duties would be listed for you here. So you can have an idea of what the job you are going for looks like and what you would be asked to do. Also, whatever duty and responsibility are listed here. Does not mean you would be working all day doing that. As your employer would have planned your work schedule for you and arranged your working hours. Here are some duties and responsibilities of a ground maintenance worker below;
- Trimming Edges.
- Watering plants and flowers.
- Mowing lawns.
- Ordering equipment.
- Making orders of supplies.
- Operating on and maintaining the gardens.
- Landscaping equipment.
- Installing sprinklers.
- Installing irrigation systems.
- Preparing outdoor areas for various weather conditions.
- Applying pesticides to areas you are supposed to.
- Conditioning the soil.
There are still some other duties and responsibilities given to ground maintenance workers. Those would then be made known to you by your employer when you are applying for the job. So if you are good at this, you can apply online via any job posting site. And go work for any company or employer of your choice.
Grounds Maintenance Worker Jobs in the USA for Foreigners
There are so many Ground maintenance worker jobs in the USA for foreigners. So you can apply for anyone you want and start working in the USA. If you are wondering what the average pay for these jobs is, it is about $15.52 per hour and $5,324 overtime per year. With the knowledge about the pay, you can proceed to apply for the job. Here are some of the available jobs for you below;
- Grounds Worker – East California University.
- Grounds Maintenance Specialist – Boys Town.
- Grounds Maintenance Supervisor -Kern community college district.
- Season Grounds Maintenance Labourer – Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation.
- Groundskeeper – Rice University.
- Park Maintenance Person – City of Palo Alto.
- Groundskeeper/Day Maintenance – McDonald.
- Technician Grounds Maintenance – Brevard Public Schools.
- Landscaping & Groundskeeping Workers – Lucks Lawn Care, Inc..
For more jobs, you can visit indeed.com or any other job posting sites online to find more jobs. And apply online for free.