How to Add text to TikTok Videos? Have you been making videos on TikTok and have been trying the text feature to give your video a description or say something, but you can’t seem to get it right? Yes! I was once a victim as a new TikTok user when I newly joined the video sharing platform. But not to worry as if I could get it then, then you also can.
However, TikTok has taken the world by storm with its short-form, engaging videos. If you’re looking to level up your TikTok game, one way to do it is by adding text to your videos. Not only can it grab viewers’ attention, but it can also add context and humor to your content. In this article, we’ll show you how to add text to a TikTok video in just a few simple steps. Get ready to take your TikTok videos to the next level!
How to Add Text to TikTok Videos
As earlier mentioned, adding text, helps add context and even humor to your content. However, aside from that, doing it also helps you to create awareness about the video you must have posted. That makes the “Text” feature on TikTok a great method for including and engaging your audiences in your content. Also, it might likely attract more views and help you reach your target audience.
Adding Text to your videos after creating them, I must say, is very easy to do. And all you would just be needing is an account and an internet connection, and also very compulsory, a device. With all these, you can create your video and add that perfect text that suits the video as a little description aside from the video caption. Here’s how to go about it;
- Visit your Mobile Store to install the TikTok App.
- Open the app on your device.
- Ensure you have an internet connection.
- Then on the homepage, locate at the bottom of the page, the “plus” icon in the middle.
- Click on it to make a new video.
- Locate and click on the “text” feature at the right-hand side of your page
- Enter a text.
- Then personalize it with the other options available, you can also add a cute emoji to make it more attractive and descriptive.
- Tap “done” at the top right of the screen. However, it is worthy to note that, you can only change the text placement at this time.
- So, if you want to change its placement, you can long press the text and pull to where ever you want on the screen.
Then complete your video by clicking on the “Next” button, adding a good description and sharing with the “post” button. Then, there you go, a video with a text on it.
How to Edit Texts in Your TikTok Video
If while editing your video after adding a text, you might want to change the text and remove something but then you are finding it difficult to do. However, it is no longer news that the perfect caption and snappy editing can make all the difference in creating a viral hit. Therefore, in this section of this article, we’ll show you how to edit texts in your TikTok videos like a pro, helping you grab attention and stand out from the crowd. So, without further ado, here’s how to go about it below.
- If video is saved to drafts, click on the drafts
- Tap on edit
- Then click on the text in your video for options
- Select the “edit” option
- Make changes and corrections
- Then click on “done” once corrections have been made
You can now go ahead to share the video with as many audiences as you want your videos out to.
What are the Steps to Include Multiple Lines of Text in Your TikTok Video?
While trying to add a text to your TikTok video, you probably might have more to say. Because of this, you might likely want to add more than a line of text to your video. Well, if you want to, that is quite easy. However, here are simple steps on how to go about that below.
- Follow the above listed steps to add a line.
- Then after adding your first line, click on the text button for the second time.
- Enter your caption.
- Select your preferred font and color.
- Continue till you get the number of texts you want on that content.
Once you are done with that, you can use the “done” button. After which upload your video. With this, your content would definitely look more unique and different. And amazingly, more texts also give your viewers more that they were expecting. It also makes them spend more time on your content, as they would like to get more message about your contents through the multiple texts. Which then implies that your content actually piqued their interest.
How to Convert to Text-to-Speech on Your TikTok Video
So many creators use this feature for their content. However, if you want to do same, the process is very easy. All you just need to do is click on the written text, then, select the text to speech feature. This would then turn all texts you have created into speech without removing the text from the content. But if you want the text removed, you can as well remove it.
Adding text to TikTok videos is a great way to enhance their visual appeal and convey important messages to your viewers. With TikTok’s built-in text editing tools, you can easily add captions, subtitles, and other text overlays to your videos, allowing you to engage with your audience in new and creative ways. Whether you’re creating content for fun or for business, adding text to your TikTok videos is a simple yet effective way to make them more interesting, informative, and engaging. So, go ahead and experiment with different text styles, fonts, and colors to see what works best for your content and your audience.