How do I block apps on my iPhone? While busy with an app, another app in function might be interrupting with different notifications. Which seems distracting and sometimes annoying. Now, do you know that can be avoided? Yes, you can block interrupting apps on your iPhone, while using the phone for something important. Want to know how? Then I implore you to read this article to be enlightened on How to Block Apps on iPhone.
Blocking Apps on your iPhone aside from helping to eradicate interrupting apps when you are busy, also helps to improve your physical and mental well-being and even limits the time and energy spent on unproductive apps/activities. This implies that blocking unproductive apps on your phone enables you to reduce your screen time. Thereby helping your stay unexposed to developing insomnia, depression, anxiety, and other related disorders. So, are you interested in blocking your apps on your iPhone? Read through this article for a few ways how you can block your apps.
How to Block Apps on iPhone Using iPhone Restrictions
People obsessed with mobile phones can use several hours a day on social media platforms. Some of which include; Facebook, Snapchat, Tiktok, and Instagram. So, if you find yourself spending more hours on your social media accounts and your phone, you can easily block these apps. One of the ways you can restrict your apps on your iPhone is through iPhone restriction.
However, you may activate a restriction in the iOS native settings to fix this problem. As a parent, in a case whereby you have a kid that has a mobile phone. You should know that kids can easily access a wide variety of apps and entertainment. Fortunately, Apple is aware of this issue and offers a variety of parental control settings to shield children from adult content.
How to Use iPhone Restrictions
By using Content & Privacy Restrictions, you can use the Screen Time feature to protect your children. You can also do this by restricting particular apps or imposing time limits. But, you must first enable the Content and Privacy Restrictions and then establish a passcode to do this. How? Here are simple steps you can follow below;
- Turn on your iPhone.
- On the home screen, navigate to the settings section then tap on Screen time.
- After that, click “Turn on screen time twice” or tap on it once and then continue.
- Select “This is My Child’s”.
NB: Here once your child noticed the changes on the phone, might want to change the settings. But you can stop that from happening. How?
- Scroll down.
- Then locate and click on “Use Screen Time Passcode”.
- With that, you can set up a password and then use a different one from that which you use to unlock your phone.
- Confirm the passcode by re-entering it.
- Then input your Apple ID and password.
- On the screen time page, click on “content and privacy restrictions” and then provide your passcode if required.
- After that, enable the content and privacy restriction option.
Once you have followed these steps, you can now on your iPhone restrict or block apps.
How To Use Downtime to Block Apps on iPhone
One of the ways you can block apps on your iPhone device is through the use of Downtime. Once you have set up a screentime password, you can now block the apps you want to on your device using downtime. Here are simple steps on how to go about that below;
- Tap on the Downtime Feature: This feature doesn’t completely block the apps on your device, it only restricts them for a certain period of the day.
- Set your Downtime Schedule: On Downtime, you can set your device’s downtime to every day or set it for certain days of the week.
- Personalize Always Allowed Apps: Once you have activated downtime, you should know that you would only be able to access phone calls and other apps that you didn’t set downtime on.
However, using the Screen Time feature, in the Always Allowed option, you may review and customize your list of permitted apps.
How To Block Apps On iPhone Using Passcode Lock
To do this, you have to first enable content and privacy restrictions. Once the passcode has been set, you can now block apps on your phone. However, to lock your apps, you can follow these simple steps below;
- Go to the setting app on your phone.
- Locate and click on screen time.
- Click on app limits and select “Add Limit”.
- After that, select a category you want.
- Click on the app you would like to limit and then tap on “add”.
- Then enable “Block” at the end of the limit option.
- With that, you can now leave screen time.
With these steps, you can block as many apps as you want on your device. All you just need to do is follow it through.