Are you tired of paying for Apple Music every month but no longer using the service as often as you used to? Or perhaps you found a better alternative and want to switch? Whatever your reason, canceling your Apple Music subscription is a straightforward process that can be done in a matter of minutes. However, in this article, we’ll guide you step-by-step on how to cancel your Apple Music subscription, so you can stop paying for a service you no longer need.
In the meantime, Apple Music is a music streaming service created by Apple Inc. It allows users to listen to over 75 million songs, as well as access curated playlists, radio stations, music videos, and other exclusive content. Apple Music is available on a range of devices including iPhones, iPads, Macs, Apple Watches, Apple TVs, and on Windows and Android devices as well. Users can also download songs and playlists for offline listening, and it integrates with Siri, Apple’s voice assistant, for voice commands. Apple Music offers a variety of subscription options, including individual, family, and student plans.
So, if you have subscribed to any of its plans and you want to cancel the plan. As mentioned earlier, the process is a very easy one. So, without further ado, let’s get straight to the steps on how to cancel Apple Music subscription plans.
How To Cancel Apple Music Subscription Plans on iPhone and iPad
How do I Cancel my Apple Music subscription on my iPhone and iPad? Canceling subscription plans on Apple Music is as easy as subscribing to Apple Music Online. However, in this section of this article, we will be providing you with simple steps which can serve as a very easy guideline to successfully cancel your subscription plan anytime you want. Using your iPad or iPhone. Here are the steps you can follow below:
- Turn on your iPhone or iPad device
- Ensure you already have an account and a subscription
- Then go to your device’s settings
- There, click on your displayed Apple ID at the top of your screen
- After that, click on “subscriptions”
- All subscriptions that are active would be displayed on your screen
- Then locate Apple Music and click on it
After that, you can follow the onscreen steps to successfully cancel your plan. With that, the plan would be successfully deactivated. Also, you can process these steps whenever you want to cancel your Apple Music subscription plans or help a friend/family with it.
Can I Cancel My Apple Music Subscription Using My Android Device?
Yes! You actually can. However, if you were able to buy a plan using your Android device, then you can use that device to cancel it. How to go about that? Here are simple steps you can follow below:
- Turn on your Android device.
- Open the Apple Music App.
- On the app’s homepage, locate the menu icon (that is the three dots) at the upper right corner of your screen.
- You would be redirected to another page.
- However, on the redirected page, locate and tap on “Manage Subscriptions”.
- After that, click on “Cancel Subscription to cancel the available plan.
With that, your plan has been deactivated successfully. You can now rest assured that the plan would not be renewed again when it is supposed to except you reactivate it.
How to Cancel Using Windows PC
As a pc user, you might want to ask “Is it possible to cancel a subscription using my pc device?” well, yes, it is. So, this implies that not only can you cancel with your iPhone, Android, or iPad, but you can also cancel with your PC. Want to know how? Here is a simple guide you can read through and follow below:
- Turn on your PC device.
- Navigate to the iTunes App.
- Open the app and click on the “account tab” option at the top menu.
- After that, select “View my account” from the drop-down menu on the page.
- Scroll down to the settings icon.
- Click on “Manage” which is next to the subscription.
- Select “Edit” on the Apple Music subscription.
- Then on the redirected page, tap on “cancel subscription” to counter it.
Done? Then your plan has just been successfully deactivated. So, you would either have to renew or reactivate to use the Apple Music premium plan.
How to Cancel on Mac
Just like canceling on all the above-mentioned devices is easy. Canceling your apple music subscription plan using your mac book device is no different. So, without further delay, let’s explore the easy steps on how to cancel apple music plans on Mac.
- Firstly, turn on your MacBook.
- Then open the app store app.
- Click on your name which is located at the upper-right hand of the page.
- Or sign in if you are not logged in.
- After that, click on account settings on the next menu.
- Then scroll down to the subscription center.
- There, click on manage.
- Then locate your subscription for your Apple Music and tap edit.
On the redirected page, locate and click on “cancel subscription” to terminate it and follow the prompt to successfully complete the process.
How To Cancel Apple Music Subscription on Apple Watch
If you use an Apple watch, and you have an apple music account but want to terminate it. You can do that by easily following the steps below:
- Turn on your device.
- Open your settings app.
- Tap on your name.
- Go down to the subscription section and select Apple Music.
- Then click on “cancel”.
However, if you have just one subscription account and you have been logged in on several of your devices, you can just cancel with any device and it would be canceled on all. So, you do not have to go to each device and keep canceling except it is a different account. In addition, the above-given steps are simple and straightforward forward, and if followed correctly, you would be able to successfully cancel if you are not interested in the plans anymore.