If you’ve decided that it’s time to delete your TikTok account, you’re not alone. Whether you’re looking to take a break from the app or have privacy concerns, deleting your account is a straightforward process. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to delete your TikTok account permanently. But before we dive into the details, let’s take a moment to understand why you might want to delete your TikTok account and what you should consider before doing so.
Meanwhile, TikTok is a social media app where users can create and share short videos. It allows users to add music, filters, and other effects to their videos to make them more engaging. The app has become extremely popular among younger generations and has gained a significant following worldwide.
However, there could be several reasons why a person might want to delete their TikTok account. Some of these reasons could be maybe because they want to take a break, privacy concerns, time management, cyberbullying, inappropriate content, negative impacts on mental health, and many more. But regardless of your reason, it is still very possible to delete that TikTok accounts once you feel like you are done with it and do not want to still harbor it.
But keep in mind that deleting your TikTok account could result to the loss of all your content and followers. And also, if you have used your account for promotional or business purposes, deleting your account could lead you to lose potential customers or revenue. So, before proceeding to delete, this is a consequence you should consider. But if you still want to proceed to delete it, read through to see the easy steps.
How To Delete TikTok Account
After careful consideration, if you still want to push through with your TikTok account deletion. The process is a very easy one and is also hassle-free. Besides, all that you might just need to do is, go to your profile, tap on the three dots in the top right corner, select “Manage Account,” then “Delete Account. And there you have it, the account is successfully deleted. But for an easier understanding, here is a step-by-step guide to deleting your TikTok account below.
- Open the TikTok app on your device.
- Navigate to your profile page.
- If you have multiple accounts, select an account you would like to delete.
- From there, tap on the three lines at the right corner of your profile page.
- Select “settings and privacy” from the pop-up menu.
- Under settings and privacy, locate and click on “Account”.
- Then select “delete or deactivate account”.
- On the redirected page, you would come across three options which state “delete or deactivate”, “deactivate account” or “delete account permanently”.
- Select that which you want to do. But since you would like to permanently delete, you can just click on the “delete account permanently” option.
- Select your reason for wanting to leave the platform.
- You can choose to download your data or not. (Keep in mind that once an account is deleted, if data isn’t downloaded, there are irrecoverable).
- Accept the delete request.
- Tap on continue.
- Provide your password to confirm ownership.
- Tap on ‘delete’ once again to complete your account deletion process.
However, it is worthwhile to note that account deletion doesn’t happen until after 30 days. But during that 30 days, your account would only be deactivated. Just in case you would like to keep the account. So, if you change your mind, you can always login back into the account.
What Happens When I Delete My Account?
When you delete your TikTok account, your profile, videos, likes, and followers will be permanently removed from the platform. You will no longer be able to access your account or any of its content, and any unspent coins, diamonds, or gifts will be forfeited. Additionally, any third-party access to your account (such as via a linked Instagram or Twitter account) will also be revoked.
Can I Still Recover My Account Even After Permanently Deleting It?
No, once you have permanently deleted your TikTok account, it is not possible to recover it. TikTok does not keep backup copies of your account data or videos after you have deleted your account, and the deletion process is irreversible. If you change your mind and decide you want to use TikTok again, you will need to create a new account from scratch. But there is still a chance, before the next 30 days of deletion, you can still quickly recover before it is permanently deleted by TikTok.
Can I Delete My Account Without Logging in?
No, you cannot delete your TikTok account without logging in. To delete your account, you must be logged in to the account that you want to delete. If you have forgotten your password or are unable to log in for some other reason. You will need to reset your password or regain access to your account before you can delete it. Once you have regained access to your account. You can follow the steps I mentioned earlier to delete your TikTok account.
How Can I Recover a Recently Deleted TikTok Account
If you just deleted your account and you wish to recover it immediately, you can follow the steps below to do so. But ensure that it hasn’t be up to 30 days yet since you deleted the account.
- Open the TikTok app on your device
- Click on the login button
- Provide your login credentials
- When you log in, TikTok lets you know your account is currently under deactivation.
- So, you can tap on the “reactivate” button to recover.
- After a while of waiting, you can restart the app to see if it works.
If it does, you would be automatically logged into your account. Then you can now use the platform again to make videos and do a lot more others the video-sharing platform enables you to do.