How to Upload Music to Spotify – Are you an artist? Do you know that Spotify allows you to upload your songs online for people to stream? Well, yes, they do. Spotify as we all know is an online music streaming platform that allows users to stream their favorite songs unlimitedly online. So, aside from the fact that Spotify allows music lovers to stream their favorite songs online. It also allows artists to upload songs on the platform for all Spotify users to stream. And this way artists can also earn from Spotify.
Furthermore, just like every other music streaming platform such as Apple Music, Audiomack, Boomplay and so much more, Spotify works in helping artists grow. Because of this, artists need to learn how to upload their music online to give people the chance to gain access to their music. However, Spotify does not only allow you to upload single songs online but also albums and EPs.
Also, they distribute your music to other different platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, and other social media platforms. That way, your music gets known by so many different people. What’s more? Read through to know.
Who Can Upload Music on Spotify?
To upload music on Spotify, you need to be an artist. Being an artist on Spotify gives you the chance to upload all your songs for users to stream and download. If you are not an artist on Spotify, you can become one by following the steps that have been listed for you below in this article.
Does Spotify Allow You to Upload Songs?
The regular Spotify we make use of does not allow the artist to upload their songs. This Spotify is only made for streamers to make use of. So as an artist, you need to download Spotify for Artist to upload your songs online. Why do you need to do that? This is because Spotify for Artists is a platform made for artist to post their songs for people to stream. After uploading your music here, Spotify users get to stream the songs through their app and also share them on their social media platforms.
How to Upload Music on Spotify
It is very easy to upload music online on Spotify. As long as you already have an account, uploading the songs would be easier. But if you are having issues with uploading your songs, you should read through this section of this article.
First of all, you need to log in to your Spotify for Artist account and follow up on the rest of the steps stated here on any device.
- Log in to your Spotify for artist account on the desktop app or website.
- Tap on the drop-down menu button at the top right of the page beside your account name.
- Click on settings.
- Locate and click on the “Show Local Files” section.
- Select the song you want to upload.
- Select “Add a Source” if you want to.
- From the given section, choose the folder you will like to add to Spotify.
- Tap “Ok”.
- Tap your library on the next left side menu.
- Click the local files folder.
- Visit the Spotify for artist desktop app.
- Click on create a playlist.
- Under it, select the local files folder.
- Tap your library.
- With a long press drag and drop your songs to your playlist.
- Visit the Spotify app on your mobile device.
- Ensure that your mobile device and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
If you make use of an iPhone or iPad, you need to click on “Home” and tap the setting icon, after that, click Local Files”. Turn on the “Local audio files” and allow Spotify to find devices.
- Your new playlist section will be shown under the playlist section in your library.
- Import them from your computer to your smart device by clicking on the “Download button”.
- To stream your songs, you can check online or offline in your playlist.
Is it Free to Upload Music on Spotify?
Irrespective of how often you upload music online on Spotify, it is completely free to use. You do not have to make any payments to post your music. As long as you have already followed up on the steps required steps, there is no need to make payments.
How Much Can I Make Per Upload on Spotify as an Artist?
Do you know that for all your uploads on Spotify you get to earn a certain amount of money? Each time you upload your song and you get up to a certain required amount viewers and download, you get to earn. However, Spotify gets the artists to earn between $0.000331 and $0.00437 for every stream. Depending on the number of streams you get, your pay increases.