Is Lycos mail a reliable email service or how can I log in to Lycos mail? Undoubtedly, email is one of the fastest means of communication in today’s world, be it for business or personal use. Lycos is another astonishing email service provider that provides users with a reliable mail service for composing, sending, and receiving messages. Presently, the most used email service is Google mail and Yahoo mail. Lycos mail on the other hand is not a bad email service as its offers you some features that you won’t even get on Google mail and Yahoo mail.
Lycos mail is a premium webmail service provided by Lycos. It allows you to sign up for an account using its domain name @lycos.com and send emails to friends, families, and to other users anywhere in the world. Unlike other email services provides, Lycos mail is not free as it only offers premium accounts. This is one of the downsides of the email service. When Lycos actually started, it offered a free emailing service. But on June 1, 2018, it ceased to be offering free mail accounts. Thus, if you want to get a Lycos account today, you need to enroll in its membership plan.
The premium plan of Lycos email is however of three forms. They include $14.95 per month, $19.95 annually, and $49.95 every three years. While signing up, you can choose any of the plans convenient for you. Whichever plan you opt for, you must pay on time, and a delay in payment will result in your account being suspended for 30 days. If you did not still pay for the next thirty days, your account will be permanently deleted. In other words, you have sixty days to restore your account by paying again.
Features of Lycos Mail
Just like other emailing services, Lycos mail also comes with its own share of benefits. When you create an account, you get to enjoy all the full features of Lycos. Lycos is more than just an email service as it provides a web search engine, web hosting, social networking, and entertainment websites. Hence, Lycos mail offers users the following;
- Get 5 GB storage capacity to store your emails. Don’t worry about deleting emails as it comes with a large storage capacity for your emails.
- Unlike Gmail that has an attachment size limit of 25 MB. On Lycos, you can send up to 35 MB in attachments.
- No inbox Ads. Adverts can be annoying and frustrating at times but with Lycos email you can get rid of commercials.
- Domain/Address blocking.
- Virus scanning. It helps you to prevent your account from virus and malware.
- It supports POP, IMAP, and STMP.
- Get encrypted connection with SSL/TLS.
All the features of Lycos mail cannot be mentioned here as they are numerous. Sign up today and start to enjoy its amazing service. Above all, it helps to identify spam emails from entering your inbox.
Is there An App for Lycos Email?
More to its downsides is its absence on mobile app stores. Lycos mail does not have an app for mobile devices or desktops. It is not available to download either on Google Play on App Store. Therefore, if you are looking for an email service with a mobile app or desktop app, you should look elsewhere. You can only access your Lycos account on your respective device via a web browser.
Lycos Mail Sign Up
Signing up for a Lycos mail account is very easy to go about in few minutes. Creating a Lycos account provides you with a Lycos ID that you can use to access your account anytime and anywhere. Meanwhile, you need a valid phone number to validate your account. To create an account, follow the guidelines below;
- Get your device connected to the internet.
- Visit Lycos.com on your device browser.
- Tap ‘’Mail’’ on the homepage.
- Then you’ll be taken to the sign-up page. Since you don’t have an account, click on ‘’Sign Up’’.
- On the next page, the sign-up page appears at the center of the screen.
- Enter your name on the first field.
- Set up your password on the next field.
- Then enter a valid email address on the last field.
- Solve the captcha and click ‘’Continue’’
Select your country code on the next page, enter your mobile number and tap ‘’SEND PIN’’. A PIN will be sent to the number you provide via SMS but a standard text messaging rate may apply.
Note: While signing up, you must use a strong password. It must be at least 10 characters long, contain uppercase and lowercase letters, at least one digit number, and cannot contain spaces.
Lycos Mail Login
Lycos mail login is unique in a way that it is specially created for Lycos users. However, Lycos email sign-in can only be done by those who already have an account. If you are yet to create an account, you can follow the steps above to get yours. To login your account;
- Visit the Lycos.com on your web browser or the Lycos mail login page for quick login.
- Enter your username and password in the fields provided.
- Then click on the ‘’Sign in’’ button.
Should your login credentials be correct, your Lycos mail inbox appears. Now you can start sending and receiving emails with your account.