What is PayPal Mpesa all about? In the meantime, PayPal is one of the leading online payment platforms with more than a million users across the world. While M- Pesa is a mobile banking service by Safaricom which is one of the largest phones dealers in Kenya. They allow users to store and transfer funds using their mobile phones. According to research and finding, PayPal is now in partnership with Safaricom. This is to enable PayPal users and Mpesa users in Kenya to send and receive online. The Mobile service allows joint users to transfer money between their own accounts. In simple terms, if you own a PayPal and an M-Pesa account, you can now conveniently transfer funds between your account.
However, the service does not allow transfers between different people. It can only be used by a person with a PayPal and a Mpesa account. So, in this case, you will have to link your account to get started. Note that, the mobile money service is offered by Thunes/TransferTo in partnership with PayPal and Safaricom. Meanwhile, Thunes which is also TransferTo is a B2B Mobile payment network that helps to connect Mobile operators and financial companies globally. You can easily withdraw from PayPal to Mpesa without any hassle. It is fast, secure, and convenient to make use of.
How to Create an Account to Use the PayPal Mpesa
To be qualified for this service, you must have an eligible Kenya PayPal and M-Pesa account. If you already have a PayPal account and you don’t have an M-Pesa account. You can register for an account with M-Pesa by simply visiting any Mpesa agent in Kenya. However, if you have a Mpesa account and you don’t have a PayPal account, you can sign up for a personal account. meanwhile, you can sign up via the official website of PayPal. Or you can make use of the PayPal mobile app to sign up for an account for free.
How to Link PayPal to M-Pesa
In this part of the article, we will be showing you the steps and processes to Link your PayPal account to your Mpesa account. Meanwhile, it is quite easy and simple to link your PayPal account to your Mpesa account. You can follow the steps and guidelines below on how to link your account;
- Open your device web browser
- Visit the official Login Page of PayPal
- Enter your email
- Input your password and tap on sign in
- Enter the phone number connected to your Mpesa account
- Click on submit details
- A verification code will be sent to your M-PESA account phone number
- Finally, to complete the account linkage, enter the verification code
There, you have it. The above steps and guidelines are simple and easy ways to successfully link your PayPal account with your Mpesa account. You can proceed to start using the service to perform all your transactions.
How to Top Up Your PayPal Account Using Mpesa
Depositing or topping up your PayPal account using Mpesa balance is entirely possible. However, you must have linked your PayPal to Mpesa. Now you can follow the steps and process below to top up your account;
- Visit the official login page of PayPal Mobile Money and login to your account
- Tap on Top Up
- Enter the amount you will like to deposit or top up in USD
- Tap calculate and you will get the equivalent amount converted in KES
- Note, the KES is the amount you will transfer from your Mpesa account and the exchange rate will be displayed on your screen
- Now go to your Mpesa Menu and select Lipa na M-PESA
- Tap on Pay Bill
- Enter your Business Number 800088
- Input your mobile number as the account number
- Enter your Mpesa Pin and tap send to complete the process
Following the above steps, you will successfully be able to top up your PayPal account from your M-PESA account. Note that you will have to pay the sum of 4% of the amount you are transferring to your PayPal account.
Steps to Withdraw Money from PayPal to M-PESA
Follow the steps and guidelines below on how to withdraw money from PayPal to Mpesa.
- Visit the official login page of PayPal mobile money
- Enter your email address and password
- Tap on the login button
- Click on withdraw
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw from your PayPal account and it should be in USD
- You will be automatically taken to another page where the amount you want to withdraw will be shown in KES plus the exchange rate and the processing time
Finally, confirm and complete the withdrawal of money. Note, it will take between two hours to 3 calendar days to process the withdrawal. And this is depending on the amount you want to withdraw.