Have you mistakenly deleted some photos on your iPhone device? Well, there’s still a chance to recover them. How? There are three different ways by which you can recover deleted photos on an iPhone device. They include: via recently deleted, iTunes, and iCloud. On Most occasions Losing a type of information that is very important could be very painful. And photos are one of the data that can be easily lost and most times they hold memories of good times. Not to worry as I would be enlightening you on how to recover those photos you have lost on your iOS device.
Recovering Deleted Photos on iPhone is very easy to do but using it depends on if you have a backup or not. But keep in mind that if you did not back up your photos, it might be tough recovering the lost ones. So, therefore, if you are familiar with using iCloud and iTunes, you should always back up your files to be able to recover them when they have been deleted mistakenly. So as for you not to lose that file or photos forever. See below for the three different ways to recover a deleted photo and recover your lost photos on your iPhone.
Recover Deleted Photos iPhone via Recently deleted
Most times when you delete a photo on your iPhone, it goes to recently deleted and stays for a particular period for you to recover if you want to before it gets permanently deleted. Keep in mind that in this section photos can only be recovered with the given period. If you want to recover a photo from this section, here are steps on how to recover photos on your iPhone via recently deleted;
- Open your photos app
- Click on albums
- Scroll down to recently deleted
- Select from the recently deleted the photo you want to recover
- Click on the photo
- Tap on recover
Recover Deleted Photos iPhone Via iCloud
This however requires you to log in to your iCloud account. Once you have your iCloud account login, you can now proceed into recovering your deleted photo on iCloud. Keep in mind that once you have deleted your photos from iCloud, it is impossible to recover them using iCloud. However, here are steps below on how to recover deleted photos on your iPhone through iCloud;
- Firstly, ensure you have an iCloud back up
- Go to setting
- Click on General
- Tap on reset and tap on erase all contents and settings
- This would redirect you to the set-up screen where you need to set up your device as new
- Follow the set-up assistant instruction
- Select restore from iCloud Backup
- Sign in to your iCloud Account
- Select the latest back up and keep the device connected to a Wi-Fi till the restore is complete
Restore Deleted Photo iPhone Via iTunes
You can also restore your photos on your iPhone via iTunes Backup. The steps on how to restore deleted photos from iTunes are very easy and straightforward. Once you are not familiar with using the recently deleted and iCloud. Also, iTunes is another way you can recover your deleted photos. Here are steps below on how to restore your photos using iTunes;
- Connect your device to your computer and launch iTunes if you have tried opening it automatically but it doesn’t work.
- iTunes would automatically detect the device which will appear in the summary section
- Right click on the iPhone and tap on Restore from back up
- Also, you can click on the summary tab and click on restore back up
- Select the backup that contains the photo you need to restore and tap on restore.
After you have restored, you can now visit your gallery or album to check out those photos you have restored. You can also clear files you are sure you do not need again on your iTunes and iPhone back up and also you recently deleted to free up space. But keep in mind that once it’s lost, restoring it could be difficult.