Beyond all doubt, Skype is one of the best and most popular software that enable the worlds conversations. Millions of individuals and business owners make use of Skype to make free Video call, Voice one to one call and group calls, send instant messages, share files and a lot more. And as you know it is available in almost all operating systems. You can use Skype on your mobile device such as android and iOS devices. Likewise, you can download and use Skype on your desktops such as Windows, Linux and Mac. But in todays write up we will be focusing on how to download and use Skype for Mobile.
The Skype for Mobile, is a more convenient and easy way for all mobile users to access the features of Skype right from the convenience of their smartphones. In simple terms, using skype on your mobile device is more convenient, easier and faster compare to using it on your desktops or through your device web browser. Right from your mobile device, you can video call, voice call, send instant messages, share files and a lot more. The App is even completely free to download on your android or iOS device, no subscription is required.
How to Download Skype on my Mobile Device
In order to start using Skype on your mobile device, you will need to download the App on your mobile device from the Google or Apple play store depending on your device. Downloading the App on your android or iOS devices is not a nuclear science but it is however a simple and stress-free process. You follow the guidelines below on how to download skype on your mobile devices;
Download Skype for android
- Tap to open your Google Play store
- Click on the Search engine and search for the Skype App
- A list of your search will then appear
- Tap on the App from the List
- Click on the Install icon
- Launch and open the App
Download Skype for iPhone
- Open the Apple play store on your iOS device
- Using the search engine, search for the skype App
- Tap on the App from the options provided
- Click on the Get icon
- Launch and open the App on your device
There you have. The unlisted guidelines and steps are the simple and easy process to download skype on your mobile devices. Now check out the next outline below, on how to use Skype on your mobile device.
How to Use Skype on your Mobile Device
Before showing you steps on how to use skype on your mobile device. It is worth to note that Skype for mobile is completely free to use to make all calls no matter where you are in the world or how long you want to talk. It is just like your regular telephone service but it requires a stable internet connection instead of a phone network. Now, follow the steps below on how to use it;
- Once you have downloaded the App, you can either open the App directly from the App store or access the shortcut on your home screen
- Sign in to your Skype account on the App by entering your username and password
- Alternatively, click on create account and follow the prompt to complete the sign-up process
- After signing into your account, you will then see “Allow skype to make and manage your phone calls?”
- Click on ALLOW
- Then, you will be taken to the Skype home screen
- Now for the next step, you will need to find a friend and make a skype-to-skype call
- In order to do the above, click on the address book and you will be provided with three options, Invite Friends, Find People and Find bots
- To find Friends tap on Find People
- And to search for Someone you know, enter their skype name in the skype directory and click on add to contacts once found
- You can add as many friends and family as you like
- Now click on their username and then Click on the call button
Once the contact you have called accost the call, you will automatically be connected. You can also switch to video call while on a skype-to-skype call by simply clicking on the Camera icon.