Do you need a summer job? Can you watch whales for a quick buck? If your answer is yes, then I suggest that you stay right on this page. Right here you would be enlightened on all you need to know about Summer Whale Watch Naturalist Jobs in the United States with Visa Sponsorship.
Do you know that by watching whales alone, you can earn up to $25 per hour? Sounds interesting right? The whale watching industry is one of the most lucrative industries in the United States. And it makes over $2 billion in the previous year from tourist attractions alone. The need for whale watchers is in-demand as millions of people are interested in whales and dolphins. However, Whale watching centers and research centers are also looking to offer jobs to foreigners. Who would like to watch whales. And then sponsor their visa to the U.S.
In addition, whale watching seems fun as you get to observe whales, and play with dolphins. You also get to earn money while at it. Whale watching is a wonderful experience that is quite educative and informative. It is regarded as a recreational activity. Foreigners with a degree in marine biology can apply for this summer whale naturalist watching job. And get sponsored in the U.S.
What does a whale-watching job mean?
Whale watching job typically involves the act of observing dolphins and whales on their natural turf. Watching whales can be either for scientific or educational scheme. These aquatic animals are scrutiny observed by experts in the marine field without any effect on their lives.
Whales are studied by marine biologists. They study the patterns, habits, and structure of these aquatic animals.
Requirements For Summer Whale Watch Naturalist Jobs in the United States with Visa Sponsorship
Are you a marine biologist? Then you can apply for a whale-watching job. However, there are some requirements and a set of skills needed before you are qualified. With the rise in the tourist attraction for whale watching, Research centers, and whale, watching centers are looking to recruit foreigners. That is willing to take good care of whales and dolphins. Here are some of the requirements:
- A degree in marine biology.
- An experience related to the job.
- Candidates should be able to work 12 hours a day.
- Must be fully dedicated to the job.
- Ability to lift heavy weights to 50 pounds.
- Candidates must have a CPR certificate.
- Candidates must be 21 years.
In addition, foreign nationals who apply should know that the safety of the aquatic mammals is in their hands. They must take proper care of these animals. Furthermore, after meeting this requirement you can apply to any of the companies that offer a naturalist job. And they will provide you will all the crucial training you need to take proper care of whales and dolphins.
Companies That Hire Whale Watchers in the U.S.
if you love to observe aquatic animals like whales and dolphins. Then a whale watching job is an ideal choice for you. Several Marine tours and research centers are recruiting whale watchers and sponsoring them in the U.S. However, if you are curious about these research centers and marine tours. Here is a list for you.
- Allen Marine Tours.
- SOLEIL Management Hawaii LLC by Yes & Companies.
- Bar Harbor Whale Watch.
- Depoe Bay Whale watching center.
- OPRD whale watching center.
- The Vet Service- New Jersey.
- City of Ventura.
- Prince of Whales.
These centers are recruiting foreigners to watch whales and sponsor their travel to the United States.
What is the annual salary of whale watchers in the U.S.?
Whale watcher’s salary varies depending on the location they are based. And the company they are working for. however, the average annual salary for whale watchers is $40,213 per year. and they make $25 per hour. And the more experienced and the qualification a whale watcher has the increases the gross of their annual salary.
How to apply For Summer Whale Watch Naturalist Jobs in the United States with Visa Sponsorship
Several companies open their door to foreign nationals to apply for whale-watching jobs. And get sponsored in the U.S. companies like Prince of Whales offers all jobs related to marine biology to qualified individuals. If you want to apply, here is the procedure:
- Open your web browser and go to the official site www.princeofwhales.com.
- On the first page, click on the Apply now button.
- Choose the job you would like to apply for in this case you are to choose Naturalist.
- A description of the job will be presented to you along with the skills required.
- Click the Apply now button.
- Enter your personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, LinkedIn profile, and home country.
- Choose your preferred language.
- Enter the day you would like to work.
- Upload your resume and cover letter in the field provided.
- Click the Submit Application button.
And that is it. You have successfully applied for a whale-watching job.