How can I create a YouTube channel? In recent times, YouTube is one of the most popular video-sharing platforms. It is a very amazing tool for connecting with others, building a community, and making money. YouTube supports sharing of videos with your friends, family, and even the world at large via the YouTube channels. . Most people create YouTube channels to support their business while some people make use of it to make content. Either way, the YouTube channels make it very easy to attract customers and also put you out there.
Furthermore, a YouTube channel makes everyone know how many ideas you have. One thing I love about this platform is that a user who has a YouTube channel can upload original content and share it with people via their YouTube channel. This is a Google-owned platform for video sharing that is open to every individual who has a Gmail Account.
Do you also want to be a YouTuber but don’t know how to create a YouTube channel? Do not worry, just follow this article. This is because I will enlighten you on how to create a YouTube channel and everything you need to know.
More About YouTube Channel
A YouTube channel is designed to display the videos you have uploaded and give room for people to like the videos, comment, create a playlist, and even subscribe to your YouTube channel and vice versa. However, owning a google account doesn’t guarantee your presence on YouTube.
It only gives you access to your YouTube account because it is owned by Google so all accounts are merged together. But to get people to watch your videos, comment, subscribe, or make a playlist, you must create a YouTube channel. Your channel aids your personal presence on YouTube. You can make use of your computer or phone to create if you don’t have one.
Most users create video tutorials to help other users learn by watching their videos. You can also upload funny videos or other entertaining content but always make sure your videos are unique. And don’t contain any copyrighted materials. Users can also create this platform for entrepreneurs, businesses, and even for monetary purposes.
How To Create A YouTube Channel
Creating a YouTube channel is a very easy and straightforward process. it does not require you many things at all. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to create one.
Note that this platform is owned by Google and managed with your Google account and can be accessed using your Gmail. If you are stuck in setting up your account. Follow the below steps if you already have a Gmail Account.
How to create a YouTube channel using your Google account;
- Go to YouTube and click on sign in at the top of the page
- Sign in/log in using your valid Google account details
- Go to the YouTube settings at the top right corner of the screen
- Tap on the profile icon and then choose ‘’Create a channel”
- Next, you will have the option to create a personal channel or create a channel using a business name
- Name your channel
- Now customize your channel by adding a picture, a description to your channel, and adding links to your sites
How to create a YouTube channel if you don’t have a Google account
If you don’t have a Google account and you want to create a YouTube channel. All you just need to do is create one before you start the channel. Below is how you can do that
- Go to YouTube
- Click on sign in or login
- Select the option to create a Google account
- Now follow the steps on your screen to create your own Google account
- Go to the YouTube settings at the top right corner of the screen
- Click on the profile icon and then select ”create a channel’’
- Next, you will have the option to create a personal or create a channel using a business name
- Give your channel a name
- Now customize your channel by uploading a picture, adding a description to your channel, and adding various valid links to your sites.
Congratulations!! You now own a YouTube channel if you have followed the instructions above. Note that; if you are using a computer the web address is www.youtube.com which is the web address you need to enter in the URL section on your browser. You can also create a YouTube channel to earn money. You can even try a youtube link shortener. Shortening your links can help drastically improve your click-throughs and shares.
How To Make Money From Your YouTube Channel
Google has made it possible that users can make money by uploading interesting content on their channel. This is by monetizing your video so as to display adverts whenever users view them. Below is what’s needed to start making money from your YouTube channel.
- Enable users to view your videos on your channel.
- Connecting your channel to an Absence account.
- Knowing the videos you can monetize and the different ad formats.
- Showcase your content on other social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, etc.
You can start earning money. Your uploads should be of good content so as to get people to like and subscribe to your channel. And also keep them in contact whenever you have newly uploaded content.
How To Get Subscribers to your YouTube Channel
A YouTube subscriber is a person who chooses to follow you on your channel so as to get updates on your upload. This person tends to subscribe to your channel to view content, like, comment, and even share your videos with others. Any subscriber is seen as your fan and the more subscribers you get the higher popularity of your channel is.
There are also some agencies and some external agents that can help you propel into the competition. The Marketing Heaven will get your number of views way up which in turn will guarantee you greater exposure. To get more people to follow you on YouTube you have to follow these tips:
- Firstly you have to have a good plan of whatever you are going to upload on your channel. You have to decide what the content of your videos should contain and what the content should look like.
- The organization is a skill to get people to like whatever is in your content to keep every bit of your upload in an ordered manner.
- Make sure you give your uploads a strong title and a nice description.
- Be consistent with your uploads. YouTube subscribers definitely want more and more of what you have got to offer. You need to keep them posted by being frequent with your uploads. This will make viewers aware of your channel.
- You can also connect your account to Ad Sense.
- Connect your account to social media.
Ask For Subscribers
The easiest way to get fans to subscribe to your channel is by asking them to do so in your videos. You can never assume that they will hit the subscribe button after viewing the videos. You just have to use the compelling call to action by telling them to subscribe, telling them why they should and how they should.
- Focus on the first 10 seconds of the video. This will keep the subscriber on the video to avoid them leaving before getting to the main point.
- Adding Annotations to your video will make the content more interactive and engage the users.
YouTube uploads support entertainment, fashion, and styles, comedy, live streaming, films and music, and gaming. It lets the world know what you are up to by getting them to subscribe to your channel and like your videos.