How to Activate Siri – Do you know that you can do minor tasks on your iPhone without having to lift a finger? Well, yeah, you can. And all you just need to do is say “Hey Siri”.
In the meantime, Siri is Apple’s digital personal assistant, which is able to control most of the functions on your iOS device with just the side button or your voice command. With Siri, you can send and receive messages, check stuff online, and also plan your route.
So, have you just gotten an iPhone, or have you had one for a while? Are you struggling to activate Apple’s digital personal assistant “Siri”? If yes, then you need to read through this blog post. In this article, we will be enlightening you on how to easily activate Siri on your iPhone.
Also, if your Siri has been activated but isn’t responding to the call “Hey Siri,” there will also be a solution on how to fix it in this blog post. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s explore the easy steps to activate and fix Siri together in this article.
How to Turn on Siri
If you want to add Siri to your iPhone for daily use, it is actually very easy to do. When setting up your iPhone, if you allow Siri to listen for commands, then it should be available and ready for every voice command. All you have to do is say “Hey Siri” and then make your request. When you do this, Siri responds and provides answers.
However, if you have not activated Siri for commands, then you can follow the steps below to activate it:
- On your iPhone, launch the settings app.
- Scroll down and choose Siri and Search.
- Then, to listen to Hey Siri, toggle on the button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to customize Siri settings.
After setting up Siri, you can customize it. One of the ways to customize Siri is to make it comfortable to use by changing its voice. Some people prefer the sound of a native tongue to the typical calm and neutral accent.
How to Activate Siri with Buttons
If you want Siri to work on your iPhone by pressing the side button, you will have to enable this feature first. Here is how to do it:
- Open the settings app on your iPhone.
- Choose Siri and search.
- Then, toggle on the button that reads “Press the side button for Siri.”
- If you have a newer version of the iPhone, you can tap the power or side button located on the right side of the device.
- If you are using an iPhone without a Face ID, press and hold the Home button.
- Next, you wait for Siri to appear on the bottom part of your phone screen.
- Then, tell Siri your request or question.
With the simple steps provided above, you should be able to activate Siri on your iPhone.
How to Activate Siri with Voice
This feature is more convenient, and if you have turned on Listen for “Hey Siri,” you can activate it without even touching your device. To activate Siri with your voice, you can follow the steps below:
- Say “Hey Siri” and ask the question you want to ask.
- If you want to ask another question, you can say, “Hey Siri.”
- Alternatively, you can click on the Siri icon on your phone.
- To stop your phone from listening to “Hey Siri,” you can turn down the face of the phone.
- Or you can turn off listening for “Hey Siri” in the settings.
After following the steps listed above, you will be able to activate Siri with your voice.
How to Type to Siri on an iPhone
If you prefer to use Siri without speaking out, you can change the settings so that you can type your requests rather than saying them out loud. Here is how to do it:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and click Accessibility.
- Click Siri
- Turn on Type to Siri.
- Tap and hold the side button, and then a text field will appear.
- Enter your command.
- Click on Type to Siri to ask for another command.
After following the steps listed above, you will be able to type Siri on your iPhone.
Why isn’t Siri working on my iPhone?
If Siri is not working on your iPhone, you might want to check if your device has the latest version of iOS. Even after updating and Siri isn’t working, you can reset Siri.
How to Fix “Hey Siri” When It’s Not Working
If Siri is not working on your device, you can try some of the tips listed in this segment.
- Ensure that Hey Siri is turned on: Open the settings app on your device, navigate to the Siri option, and make sure that Hey Siri is turned on.
- Check your phone settings: Ensure that your iPhone is not in Do Not Disturb and silent mode is not turned on.
- Update your phone’s software: Apple always releases new software updates that fix bugs and enhance performance. Make sure that your phone has the latest iOS version.
- Remove your iPhone Case: If you are using a phone case, you can remove it to see if this is the problem. Most times, the phone cases can block the microphone that Hey Siri uses.
- Reset Hey Siri: After trying several things and Siri not working, you can reset it. Open the settings on your phone and turn off Hey Siri. Then you can turn it back on and follow the prompt to set it again.
You can try any of the tips listed above to fix your Hey Siri if Siri is not working on your iOS device.