Google Classroom is a free educational program that enables teachers and students to go beyond the era of using paper. This service is offered by Google as a free service for schools and non-profit organizations.
This program makes it easier for both students and instructors to connect, even outside the classroom. The Google Class app is available for both PC and mobile, so you can use whichever device you prefer to access your account and start your lessons.
Its primary purpose is to streamline the process of sharing files between teachers and students. For this, this platform combines Google Drive for assignment creation and distribution.
Google Docs, sheets, and slides are used for writing. Gmail for communication and Google Calendar for scheduling. Google Class is free and has no ads; teachers can create, collect, and mark assignments with ease.
Students can easily keep track of assignments. They can also attach files to assignments without much stress. Its multi-platform accessibility and cloud storage make it dependable for online schoolwork.
The interface is user-friendly and spectacular. It can also be linked to your drive. However, it doesn’t have any features for parents and guardians to see their children’s progress.
This is because it was designed for those in K–12 and higher levels. Teachers can monitor students’ progress in activities and lessons and also provide feedback to them.
Features Of Google Classroom
The Google Classroom wasn’t just opened for the free access of teachers and students; it was also created and developed with some unique features.
These features have, however, contributed to making the platform easy and convenient for lectures to take place. So, therefore, students can have their lectures freely without meeting in person.
One of the features of this platform is that it enables you to receive your lectures right there in your comfort zone. While other features include;
- Students can get an invitation to classrooms with a private code or with an invitation link.
- There’s a separate folder created for each class taken or had on Google Classroom.
- Students can easily submit assignments for grading by the teacher.
- The Gmail Classroom Web helps save time.
- It is very easy to set up for use.
- Builds easy communication
Above all, some other Google services were integrated into it to make learning more convenient for students. These Google services include Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Forms, Google Sites, and Gmail.
Also, Google Calendar was later added to help with assignments due dates, and class speakers. It was also integrated to help set a schedule for the next classes and many more.
How To Create a Class on Google Classroom
As a teacher or a class instructor, keep your students engaged even during breaks with Google Classroom Web. Therefore, to do this, you have to first create a class. Then, after that, you can invite your students to join you for the lecture. To do this, here are the simple steps below:
- Go to classroom.google.com on the web browser
- Click on the “+” button on the top right side of the page, then click “Create class”.
- Add information about your class.
- Students can now start joining.
- You can customize your Google Classroom, customize your Google account to make it more creative and fun.
Wait while your class is being created. Then, after it is complete, you can now invite your students. You get to invite them with the class private code provided by Google for your students to join you.
Or you can send them an invitation using their already-submitted email address. The class invitation is only limited to students you have personally invited. Also, for individuals who possess the private code
How to Join a Class
There are different ways you can join a class on Google Classroom online. These ways include the use of code or links sent by your teacher or instructor. Also, the invitation was sent to you by your teacher through your email.
That is why it is very necessary to own a Gmail account to join a class on the Google Classroom website. The joining step is, however, very easy and doesn’t require any special sign-up. However, here are the simple steps below on how to join a class on Google Classroom:
- Visit the official website of the https://classroom.google.com/.
- Locate and click on the Plus icon.
- Tap on the Join class button.
- Provide the class private code sent by your teacher.
- Click on the join button to proceed to class.
How Do I Sign into Google Classroom?
If you are accessing the Google Classroom Sign-In platform for the first time, note that Google Classroom has three accounts that you can use to sign in.
The school account is set up by an accredited school; it is also known as the G Suite for Education Account. While the personal Gmail account is set up by your parents or guardian. The G Suite is set up by your organization’s administrator. To sign in to Google Classroom, do the following:
- Go to classroom.google.com.
- Click Go to the classroom
- Enter the email address for your classroom account.
- Click the Next button.
- Enter your password and click Next
- You will be sent a welcome message,
- Review it and click Accept
- click on Get started
If you are using a G Suite for Education account, click I am a student or I am a teacher to indicate. Also, note that users with personal Google accounts won’t see this option.
How Do I Use Google Classroom For My Students?
Using the Google class for students is a good way to impact them with knowledge. In a case where a teacher or a lecturer cannot bring all his students into one classroom or arena, Google Classroom makes it easier for them to do this without moving an inch. This is how to use Google Classroom for students.
- Create a Google class: in this Google class, students can receive their assignments and also read announcements. Login to classroom.google.com to start.
- Invite your students to your Google class in order to enroll them; you can do this through an email or invitation code.
- Set up a grading system. By setting up a grading system, you can organize classwork, essays, homework, or even tests. If you choose not to set up a grading system, you can always use Google Classroom to share materials and engage your students.
- Create quizzes for your students; you can do this to engage them once they are done. You can also import their grades and return them to them.
Note that teachers and students need G Suite Education accounts to use Google Classroom. If you are using a Google Classroom account in a school setting, you must have a G Suite Education account. Also, the G Suite Education account lets schools decide which Google service their students can use, and it provides additional privacy and security.