How To Delete Apps: Running out of storage when you’re trying to download something can be quite frustrating. In such situations, the best remedy is to declutter your device by uninstalling some apps.
Deleting apps varies depending on your device, and it can be a bit confusing. But worry not, as we are here to help. In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to delete apps on various devices.
However, it is no news that too many apps can consume storage and slow down your device. To reclaim the wasted storage space for your other files and docs, deleting apps you no longer use is a smart move. Also, doing so can enhance your device’s processing speed and free up valuable space.
Without further ado, let’s explore some easy steps to deleting apps on iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and Chromebook.
How to Delete Apps on Your iOS Device
Smartphones have less storage than personal computers, so you might need to delete some apps to free up space. There are three methods to delete apps on your iOS device, and the first one is:
Through Touch and Hold Method
- On your home screen, find the app that you want to delete.
- Touch the icon of the app and then hold it for a few seconds.
- Choose Remove App, from the menu.
- Then another menu will pop up; choose Delete App.
Via App Library
- From your iOS device home screen, swipe left to see the App Library.
- Make use of the search tool to locate the app that you want to delete.
- Next, touch and hold the app icon. Then a menu will appear; choose Delete App.
- Then a box will appear. Click Delete again to confirm that you want to remove the app.
Through Jiggle Mode
iOS jiggle mode enables you to reorganize and rearrange the apps on your home screen. This mode can also be used to get rid of several apps at once. Here is how to use the Jiggle mode to delete apps:
- Touch and hold an app, and then choose Edit Home Screen from the menu. This is how to enter the Jiggle mode for iOS 13 and above. However, if you are using the older version, then you can just touch and hold any app until it starts to jiggle.
- Click the minus sign located at the top of the icons of the app that you would like to delete.
- Then a box will pop up to ask if you want to confirm your order. Click on Delete to finish uninstalling the app on your device.
These are the various ways that you can delete apps on your iOS device. However, you should know that some apps cannot be deleted because they are default apps. But you can either offload or disable them to create more space.
In addition, if you don’t want to delete any apps on your iOS device, you can offload them. Furthermore, make sure that you cancel any subscription that you have for an app before deleting it.
How to Delete Apps on Your Android
Just like you can delete unwanted apps on your iOS device, you can also delete apps on your Android. However, there are several ways that you can delete unwanted apps on your Android device, such as tablets and others. They include:
Through Touch and Hold Method
- In your app menu, find the app that you want to delete.
- Touch and hold the icon of the app.
- Then the Uninstall button will appear at the top of the screen.
- Next, drag the app toward the button.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion.
- Head over to the Settings app.
- Click on Apps to head over to the app manager.
- Click on See All Apps.
- Locate the app that you would like to delete. Click on it to enter the app information.
- Click Uninstall to delete the app.
- Choose OK to confirm your choice.
Through Play Store
- Open the Google Play Store on your device.
- Click on your profile icon, located at the top right side of the screen.
- Click on Manage Apps and Devices.
- Click on the Manage tab to see the list of apps available on your device.
- Choose all the apps that you want to delete, and then click on the trash icon located at the upper corner of the screen.
- Choose Uninstall to confirm the deletion.
And there you have it. The lessons provided in this segment will show you how to delete apps on your Android device.
How to Delete Apps on Your Mac
The method of deleting apps on your Mac is much different from that on your mobile device. The steps provided in this segment will show you how to delete apps on your Mac and other devices, such as the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro, and iMac. Here is how to delete apps on your Mac:
- Find and tap on the Finder icon on your toolbar, and then tap in the Go menu.
- If the app you want to delete is in the folder, then you can check the folder for an uninstaller. If you found one, then double-click on it and then follow the prompt to delete the app from your Mac device.
- However, if the app is not available in a folder, then you can right-click on the app and choose Move to Trash.
- Find the trash on your toolbar and right-click.
- Next, tap
And it is as easy as that. The steps listed above will direct you on how to delete apps on your Mac.
How to Delete Apps on Your Windows
Same way Mac and Windows are different desktop devices, their app deletion steps are also not similar. However, in this segment, we will provide steps on how to delete apps on Windows 8, 10, and 11. These steps include:
On Windows 8
- To access the Start screen, tap the Windows key on your keyboard.
- You can also move your cursor to the left corner of the screen and tap on the Start screen.
- With the search tool, find the app that you would like to delete.
- Next, right-click on the app.
- Choose Uninstall from the toolbar located at the bottom of the screen.
- Then you will be directed to the Programs and Features window.
- Ensure that the app you want to delete is highlighted, then click Uninstall.
- Next, a dialog will appear. Then you can confirm your wish to uninstall the app and follow the prompts.
On Windows 10 and 11
- Tap the Start button.
- Make use of the search tools to find the app that you would like to delete.
- Then right-click on the app and choose Uninstall.
- Then the Programs and Features window will be opened.
- Tap on Uninstall.
- A dialog will appear. Then you can confirm your wish to uninstall the app and follow the prompts.
And it is as easy as that. The steps listed above will direct you on how to delete apps on your Windows.
How to Delete Apps on Your Chromebook
Deleting apps on your Chromebook isn’t too hard once you are aware of the steps. The following instructions will show you how to delete apps on your Chromebook:
- Choose the Launcher by tapping on the bottom of your screen.
- Find the app that you want to delete and right-click on it.
- Tap on Remove from Chrome or Uninstall.
- Next, tap on
After following the steps listed above correctly, you will be able to delete apps on your Chromebooks.