How can I Delete my Instagram Account? If you’ve made the decision to part ways with Instagram, you might be considering deleting your account rather than just leaving it there. But how exactly can you delete your Instagram account?
Don’t worry; I’ve got you covered. In this blog post, I’ll guide you through the simple steps to delete your account easily. With just a single click, you’ll be able to instantly bid farewell to your Instagram account.
Taking a break from social media? Deactivating your account is the way to go. The process of permanently deleting your account may seem a bit daunting, but erase worry, as the steps outlined in this post make the process remarkably straightforward.
Before taking the bold step of deleting your Instagram account, it’s wise to consider backing up your account information, just in case you find yourself needing it in the future. It’s always a smart move to safeguard your data before permanently deleting your account.
How to Delete Instagram Account On iPhone
Don’t know how to delete your Instagram account on your iPhone? Well, I have got you. The steps below will guide you on how to:
- Launch the Instagram app on your phone.
- Head over to your account and then click on the menu that is located in the top left corner of your profile.
- Go to Settings > Account.
- Scroll down the list of available options and choose Delete Account.
- Then you will be presented with two options. The first one is that you can deactivate your Instagram account. This will hide your Instagram account instead of deleting it.
- However, if you want to delete your Instagram account, you can tap Delete account.
- Then a pop-up will appear, and it will give you a deadline for how long you would like to delete your account if you want to change your mind after deleting it.
- Tap Continue to delete the account.
- This segment will start with a drop-down menu asking why you want to delete your account.
- Choose the best option.
- Scroll and re-enter your password.
- Tap the Delete button.
After completing this step, your account will not be available on Instagram. You will also be given a period of 30 days to reactivate your account.
How to Delete Instagram Account on Android
To delete your Instagram account from your Android device, you can follow the instructions provided below:
- Log in to your Instagram account from a web browser.
- Input https://instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/ in your browser address bar.
- As soon as you are on the page, choose an answer from the drop-down menu for “Why do you want to delete your account?
- After choosing your answer, you will be asked to re-enter your password.
- Then delete your account.
By following the steps above, you will be able to delete your Instagram account. However, it takes up to 90 days before your account can be completely deleted.
How to Delete Instagram Account on a Computer
This section of this blog post will provide steps on how to delete your Instagram account from your computer:
- Visit Instagram’s official website.
- Login to your account.
- Visit the Delete Account page.
- Then confirm the deletion.
Next, you will enter the reason why you want to delete your Instagram account.
How to Deactivate Your Instagram Account
If you want to temporarily deactivate your Instagram account, you can follow the instructions below:
- Login to Instagram.com from a web browser.
- Tap the person icon located in the upper right-hand corner to go to your profile.
- Tap Edit Profile on your profile.
- Scroll down until an option displays Temporarily deactivate my account.”
- Choose the answer from the drop-down menu for “Why do you want to delete your account?
- After choosing your answer, re-enter your password.
- Then the option to temporarily deactivate your account will appear.
After following the instructions above, you will be able to deactivate your Instagram account.
How to Delete or Disable Instagram Without Username or Password
If your Instagram account has been hacked and you want to safeguard all your personal details, the previous segment will show you how to do that.
However, if you can’t remember your login credentials, then it can be quite difficult to delete your account. But it isn’t impossible. The steps below will show you how to delete Instagram without a username and password:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Click on Get Help logging in beneath the Login button.
- Then the Find Your Account screen will appear. Enter your username, email, or phone.
- Click on Next. You can also log in with your Facebook account.
- Select Send an email, send an SMS, or log in with Facebook.
- Input the confirmation code and click on
After following the steps above, you will be able to have access to your Instagram account and then delete your account.
How to Recover Your Account After Deletion
Although there isn’t an official way to get your Instagram account back after deleting it, there is one method you can use to get your account back. Follow the steps below:
- Enter your username or your email address and tap on Instagram “Get help signing in.”
- Choose “Trouble logging in.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions, which include choosing the type of accounts you would like to recover.
- Then select “My account was hacked” to continue.
- Choose “hear more about your experience.”
- Fill out the forms, and then Instagram will send an email to you within a few hours.
Afterward, you will need to provide some proof of verification, such as images that you have uploaded to your Instagram account, your email address, your username, and your verification code.