Don’t know how to disable Incognito mode on your iPhone? This blog post has got you covered, providing you with all the essential details on how to go about it. So, I recommend reading through for enlightenment.
While using Incognito mode in Safari, your browsing history, AutoFill data, and visited pages remain unrecorded. Do you prefer these pages to be saved, you’ll need to disable Incognito mode on your device.
So, are you ready to turn off Incognito mode on your iPhone? You can achieve this effortlessly by leveraging the built-in content restriction settings.
Also, if you wish to deactivate Incognito mode and return to regular browsing, you can easily switch between modes within the Safari app.
How to Disable Incognito Mode on the iPhone
If you want to permanently disable private browsing from your iPhone, then you can follow the instructions listed below:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone. This is a gray gear icon on your home screen. This method makes use of the built-in content and privacy restrictions features to limit access to any adult website. This setting also switches off the ability to use private browsing in Safari.
- Click Screen Time. This is a purple and white hourglass icon.
- Click Content & Privacy Restrictions. If you have set up restrictions, then you will be prompted to input your Screen Time password.
- Click the toggle next to Content & Privacy Restrictions. If you have not set up restrictions before, then you will need to turn on the feature now.
- Click on Content Restrictions.
- Click Web Content.
- Click Limit Adult Websites.
Then a checkmark will appear right next to the option. After tapping the button, there won’t be any private options in Safari.
How to Switch from Incognito Browsing to Regular Browsing
If you want to switch from incognito mode to regular browsing, then you can follow the guidelines below:
- Open the Safari app on your iPhone. This is a blue and red compass on your home screen page. This method turns off private browsing and switches back to regular browsing. With private browsing, you will be able to avoid cookies.
- Click the tab icon. These are the two overlapping squares in the bottom right corner of the Safari.
- Click Private. This is located at the bottom of the tab page.
- Click #Tabs. This will take you back to your regular browsing in Safari. Note that any of the private tabs that you have opened previously will not be closed when you switch to a normal browser. This is known as the Start Page if you do not have any tabs opened in normal browsing mode.
And there you have it. After following the steps listed above, you will be able to switch from incognito mode to normal browsing.
How to Disable Incognito Mode on Google Chrome for iPhone
Incognito mode on Google Chrome is very useful if you want to browse without leaving any trace behind.
However, this private browsing can be used to access adult websites that you might not want your children to see. If you want to disable incognito in your Google Chrome, then you can follow the steps below:
- Open Google Chrome: open the Google Chrome app and then click on the three dots in the top-right corner of the page. This will then open a menu with different settings and options.
- Open Settings: from the menu, click on Settings. This will open the settings menu, where you can change different settings and options.
- Look for the privacy settings; scroll down until you find Privacy and click on it. This will then open the privacy settings, where you can make adjustments to different settings related to your browsing.
- Find the Incognito mode: scroll down until you see the Disable Incognito Mode and click on it. This will then disable Incognito mode on your Google Chrome.
After disabling the Incognito mode, all the browsing will be done in the normal Google Chrome browser.