Want to set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch but don’t know how to go about it? Relax and read through this article; you will be enlightened on how to go about it.
Apple Pay is an Apple mobile payment system that allows users of Apple devices to pay for products and different services through the concept of NFC. Whereby transactions can be made in person or with the use of iOS applications.
However, Apple Pay is only compatible with Apple-brand devices, one of which is the Apple Watch. Setting up Apple Pay on your smartwatch will enable you to make payments and purchase items without having to use your credit or debit card.
Apple Pay offers you a very easy, private, and more secure way to make payments using your smartWatch. This can, however, only be achieved when it has been set up on your Apple Watch with your cards stored in your wallet app on your iOS device and has been added to your Apple Watch.
How To Set up Apple Pay on Apple Watch
Setting up Apple Pay on an Apple Watch is quite easy, but there are some important steps that you should take. As it could be of help during payments in case of emergencies.
If you are interested in setting up Apple Pay on your watch, read through carefully as steps on how to go about the steps on how to set up Apple Pay on Apple Watch would be stated you.
Add a Card to your Apple Watch
- Firstly, open the Apple Watch app on your iOS device.
- Then tap on “my watch” and click on the “wallet and Apple Pay” link.
- If, however, you have cards on your other Apple devices. Or cards that you must have removed recently.
- Tap on Add Nest to a Card and enter the CCV of the card you want to add.
Choose Your Default Card
- After opening the Apple Watch app on your iOS mobile device
- Tap my watch.
- Tap Wallet and Apple Pay.
- Click on the default card button.
- Select the card of your choice.
Reorder your Payments Cards
- Open the wallet app, which has already been installed on your Apple Watch.
- Then touch and hold a card.
- Drag the card to a new position from where it was situated before.
- Also, if you use a managed Apple Watch, touch and drag both the payment card and the passes.
After you have completely set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you can remove older cards you must have added or remove the card later if you wish to add another card. Simply open the wallet app on your Apple Watch and tap on it to choose the card you want to remove. After that, scroll down to click on the delete button.
How to Find Device Account Number for a Card
If you have used Apple Pay on your Apple Watch to make a payment, the account number for the card on the watch is sent with the payment to the trader of the goods or services you must have purchased.
You should know that the last four digits of the number are the account number of the card. Therefore, to find these digits, follow the steps listed below:
- On your Apple Watch device, locate and open the wallet app.
- Tap on it to select a card.
- Click on card information.
- If you have clicked on Apple Card, your Apple Watch password will be required of you before card details will be shown to you.
In addition, if you do not want to use the Apple Watch to check the card number, there is another option, which is your iPhone device. All you have to do is open the Apple Watch app on your iOS mobile device and click on the My Watch button.
Then tap on “Wallet and Apple Pay,” then click on the card. With this, you can check the four-digit card account number using your iPhone.
How To Remove A Card From Apple Pay
If you would like to remove your card from your Apple watch, there are certain steps and guidelines that need to be followed. In this section of the article, we will show you the steps and guidelines to follow:
- Firstly, open the wallet app on your Apple Watch.
- Next, Click on Card.
- Navigate down and click on Remove.
Finally, you can alternatively access the Apple Watch application on your iPhone, select “My Watch,” go to “Wallet & Apple Pay,” choose the card, and subsequently select “Remove Card.” You can always follow the steps and guidelines listed to remove cards from your Apple Watch anytime and any day.