Do you want to undo a repost that you mistakenly shared on TikTok? If so, you’ve come to the right place. TikTok, as the pioneer of short communication videos, has left an indelible mark on social media, offering a unique and genuine video-sharing experience.
While other platforms like Instagram have introduced similar features such as Reels, TikTok’s video-sharing culture remains unparalleled, including its innovative video reposting feature.
However, there’s a catch to this feature, as some users may not appreciate having their original content reshared by others. This has prompted numerous searches on how to undo a repost on TikTok.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of reversing a repost on TikTok, giving you the knowledge you need to manage your shared content effectively.
What is Repost on TikTok?
Repost on TikTok is a unique and interactive feature that permits users to post a video not initially theirs on their own profile. Before users needed to download the videos to their device first, which they wanted to repost, and after that, they posted them directly from their account.
So TikTok has now officially introduced this feature to make it easier. The TikTok Repost button looks a little bit like Twitter’s Retweet one.
How to Repost a Video on TikTok
Reposting content you enjoy, love, or like on your personal TikTok account is an entirely achievable task. Here are some straightforward steps to guide you:
- Locate the video you wish to repost on TikTok.
- Tap the “Share” button located on the right-hand menu and select “Repost.”
- You have the option to include a comment with your repost, which will appear as a caption above the original TikTok user’s username.
By following these simple steps, you can seamlessly repost your preferred content on TikTok.
Why You Might Want To Undo A Re-post
There are a lot of reasons you can decide to undo a repost on your TikTok account, and some of them are as follows:
- Users might just decide to change their minds after reposting someone else’s video.
- Users receive a copyright warning just because people do not give credit to the original creator of the video.
- Options are always close to other sharing icons after reposting; users click on them coincidentally.
- If a user does not want to approve someone on TikTok again, they may want to cancel a post.
The list above is just some of the reasons why users undo reposts on TikTok.
How To Undo A Repost On TikTok
Before, there was no direct “undo” option for reposts on TikTok. But you can now undo or remove a repost from your profile easily. The reposts do not usually get the grip that the users expect, so they are removed. The steps below are how you can undo a repost on TikTok, and they are as follows:
- Navigate to the TikTok app and look for the video you reposted.
- Choose the arrow icon that points to the left, which is at the bottom left corner. This is the same icon you chose to repost the video when you posted it.
- After the menu pops up in the lower half of the screen, choose Remove Repost, which is at the top right corner of the menu next to the other accounts that TikTok is signifying you sent the post to.
- Check that the post has been unreposted.
Now, you have successfully undone a repost on your TikTok account.
TikTok is one of the most popular apps, with more than 1 billion users. The Repost feature on TikTok made it even more known by letting users re-share videos with others.
It assists creators in sharing fresh and attractive content with their followers. In this article, a detailed and complete guide is given to undo any repost in simple steps.