How To Watch YouTube on TV – Interested in enjoying your favorite YouTube channel’s videos on the big screen? If so, take a moment to explore this blog post to discover how to watch YouTube on your TV.
One of the most convenient methods to view YouTube content is through your TV or a compatible streaming device like an Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, Chromecast, and more.
Indeed, YouTube is readily available on a wide range of streaming devices. Additionally, you can stream YouTube on your regular TV through a direct link or by utilizing screen mirroring.
To begin, you’ll need to install the YouTube app on your TV. Eager to learn how? Then I encourage you to continue reading.
How to Get YouTube on Your Smart TV
If you don’t have the YouTube app installed on your smart TV, you can follow the steps below to download and install the app. Here is how to do it:
- Click the Home Menu for your smart TV.
- Choose the TV or the device from the App Store.
- Search for the YouTube app.
- Choose the YouTube app icon, and then tap Add or Install.
After installing the app, you will find the YouTube app in your app viewing menu.
How to Watch YouTube on TV With a YouTube Link
One of the many ways to watch YouTube on TV is by using your smartphone. You can pair your mobile device with your smart TV and connect it through the YouTube link with the TV Code feature. Here is how to do it:
- Open the settings on your YouTube Home screen on your smart TV.
- Choose Link with TV Code and take note of the code displayed on the right side of the screen.
- Launch the YouTube app on your smartphone and click on the Account icon located at the top right corner of the page.
- Click Settings on the account page.
- Click Watch on TV.
- Click the TV or the device that connects to the smart TV that you want to watch YouTube on.
- Input the TV code.
- Your mobile device will also provide an automatic link option that does not request any TV code.
After linking YouTube to your smartphone, whenever you play YouTube on your phone, it will also be played on your smart TV.
How to Watch YouTube on TV through Screen Mirroring and Casting
If you have YouTube installed on your tablet or your smartphone, you can use screencasting or screen mirroring to send YouTube wirelessly to a smart TV that is compatible.
You can also send it through a media streamer such as Chromecast, a game console, or a Blu-ray Disc player that supports an HDMI connection.
How to Watch YouTube on TV Through Chromecast
Through Chromecast, you can also watch YouTube on your TV. Chromecast is one of the simplest ways to stream YouTube on your TV.
Even without a smart TV, you can still use Chrome Cast to stream YouTube by simply plugging a small device into the HDMI port on your TV and then casting YouTube from your mobile device, computer, or tablet.
To be able to use Chromecast, there are things you will need, and they include:
- A Google Chromecast, which costs about $30.
- An iPhone, Android, or tablet that has the YouTube app and the Google Home app.
- Wireless internet in your home.
- A TV that has an HDMI port.
Once you have all these in place, you can now proceed with watching YouTube on your TV using your Chromecast device.
Watch YouTube On TV via Chromecast
Here is how to use Google Chromecast to stream YouTube videos on TV:
- Firstly, set up your Chromecast. As soon as you have the Chromecast, setting it up is very easy. All you need is to plug the Chromecast into an HDMI port and then a power source, then use your smartphone to get the Chromecast online.
- Open the YouTube app on your mobile device. After setting up the Chromecast, the next thing is to start casting YouTube videos. The app will be available on your home screen in the app list.
- If you want to cast YouTube from your web browser on your personal computer, you can open the Google Chrome web browser and then visit https://www.youtube.com.
- If your mobile device is not connected to the same wireless connection as your Chromecast, ensure that you connect it to the network.
- Click the cast icon. This is located at the top of your YouTube app. If you are using Google Chrome, then tap on the three dots that are located near the top-right corner of the browser and choose Cast to start scanning.
- Choose your Chromecast. If you are unable to see Chromecast, ensure that your tablet, phone, or personal computer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast.
Then you can start streaming YouTube on your TV through Chromecast.
How to Watch YouTube on Apple TV
With Apple TV, you can stream YouTube videos. The steps below will show you how to:
- Turn your Apple TV on, and then go to the Home Screen. You can start watching YouTube videos if you have an Apple TV.
- Open the YouTube app. On your home screen, click the YouTube app and open it. If you don’t have the app, you can install it.
- Login to your YouTube account. There are three ways that you can sign in to your YouTube account. You can sign in with your mobile device, TV, or web browser.
- Choose a video to start watching.
And it is as easy as that. The steps listed above will show you how to watch YouTube videos on your Apple TV.
Watch YouTube Amazon Fire TV
It is very easy to watch YouTube on your Amazon Fire TV; even without a smart TV, you can still watch YouTube on your TV.
- Install the Fire TV and set it up.
- Choose the Apps menu. This menu is located at the top of the screen.
- Choose the YouTube app. Make use of the arrow button on your remote to scroll to YouTube. Choose it by tapping the center button on your remote.
- Choose After the download is complete, the app will then be shown on your app list.
- Launch the YouTube app.
- Login to your YouTube account. To log into your account, you will need to verify the code on your TV by using a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer.
Afterward, you can use your Fire TV remote to find and choose a YouTube video that you want to watch.
In conclusion, by following any of these methods, you can effortlessly stream YouTube on your TV and relish watching your preferred YouTube videos on a larger screen, enhancing your viewing comfort.