Western Union is an American company that provides means through which its users can transfer and receive money nationwide. It’s the oldest financial institution in the world today.
In addition, it is the biggest money-transfer company in the world today. One of its services, which it renders and is highly reliable on by users, is Western Union Tracking.
Western Union Tracking is a service rendered by Western Union to enable users to keep updated on their transactions. This is done by the user simply keeping track of the money orders he or she made. This service enables the user of this platform to be at peace when making a transaction.
Users can make transactions from anywhere around the world and still keep track of them with this Western Union Tracking service, which is an advantage highly benefited by the user.
Money sent and about to be received by a user can be easily tracked. This service can only be enjoyed by users who have registered on the Western Union web platform and made a transaction through it. This is required of a user to carry out before they can make use of the Western Union Tracking services.
Western Union Registration Process
The registration process on Western Union is free for users to carry out. Users can register for free on the Western Union web platform so as to make use of Western Union tracking and carry out other business transactions.
The registration process is easy and straightforward; there are no difficulties that the user will encounter in the process. The steps on how to register with Western Union are
- Open the website www.westernunion.com on your device’s web browser.
- Click on the Register or Sign Up button on the web platform’s homepage.
- On the page that opens, users should enter the information in the correct field.
- Type your valid email address.
- Input your desired password.
- Type your First Name, Last Name, and Middle name respectively in the required field.
- Input your valid address in the required field.
- Follow the instructions given and answer the Security Questions asked.
- Click on the small box to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Tap the complete or continue button.
The user will receive an email after carrying out the above steps. This message contains a confirmation link, which a user must enter to complete the account registration process when clicked on.
Once the user has confirmed his or her account by clicking on the confirmation link, The user can now carry out any transaction on Western Union and make use of the Western Union Tracking service.
Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN)
Users highly make use of this number so as to ensure that they have it ready when about to carry out the Western Union tracking process of a money order made.
Users receive this number when they carry out a transaction on Western Union. Western Union assigns a personal number to any transaction that a user carries out. It is one of the basic requirements users need so as to be able to carry out the Western Union tracking process.
How To Track Your Money Transfer With Western Union
Registered Western Union users can easily track money orders. The steps on how to track a transaction with the Western Union Tracking option are:
- Open the website www.westernunion.com on the device’s web browser.
- Select the web portal for your country on the home page.
- Click on the Track Transfer menu section on the homepage.
- Select the transaction mode you’re tracking. This is either the sender or the receiver.
- If needed, fill in the required information about the senders or receivers’ details.
- Enter the tracking number (MTCN) of the transaction you want to track in the required field.
- Enter any other details needed in the respective field required to do so.
- Click the track transfer button.
The user will see the location of the transaction after carrying out the above steps. Users can track their various transactions carried out on Western Union with the above steps.
Note: Users should ensure that the tracking number (MTCN) of their transaction is very safe, along with other details. Users should check money orders regularly to know the status of the transactions they carry out on a daily basis.