How to Activate Visa Gift Card: Many people love receiving gift cards as gifts. However, among the different types of gift cards, we have the Visa Gift Card. So, have you been gifted a Visa gift card? If yes, that sounds like great news. But keep in mind that to be able to use it, you have to activate the card.
How can I activate my Visa Gift Card? Stick with us through this article to be enlightened. Here we walk you through the Visa Gift Card activation process. So, I implore you to sit back and relax while going through this post. After that, you definitely know how to actively activate your gift card.
In the meantime, Visa gift cards are one of the best gifts that you can receive, and you can use them to make purchases anywhere that a credit or debit card is accepted. This indicates that the possibilities for using your Visa gift card are as endless as the balance on your card. What’s more? Read on to find out.
How to Activate Visa Gift Card
It is required to activate your gift card before you can use it to make purchases both online and offline. However, activating your card is very easy. Here are some simple steps you can follow to go about that:
- Check the link on the front sticker or at the back of your Visa gift card.
- If you are unable to find the activation site listed, you can go to the card issuer’s official website and then find the Visa gift card section to start the activation.
- Input the 16-digit Visa gift card number. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your 16-digit gift card account number. Enter the security code and expiration date, as well as other important information.
- Input the 3-digit CVN code.
- Tap on the Activate Gift Card button.
With that, you will be able to activate your card successfully. So, you can now proceed to shop using your gift card both online and offline.
How to Activate a Visa Gift Card by Phone
Aside from activating your gift card online, you can also activate it by phone. Here’s how to go about that below:
- Call the number that you find on the front sticker: Search for a toll-free activation number that is added to the sticker attached to your Visa gift card. If you don’t have any instructions or stickers, you can call customer service or even the activation phone number that is located on the back of the card.
- Enter the 16-digit card number, expiration date, and security code: Make sure that you read the numbers loudly to the customer service agent. You might also be asked to create a new 4-digit PIN to enable the purchase.
- Call Visa directly to solve any activation issues: If you have any questions during the activation, you can call Visa customer support, located at the back of the card.
With the steps provided above, you will be able to activate your Visa gift card with just a phone call.
How to Use Your Visa Gift Card Online
Once you have activated your Visa Gift Card, you can now proceed to use it. However, you can use your Visa gift cards to make purchases online. But first, ensure that your Visa Gift Card balance is enough to cover the total of your purchase.
After checking your balance, you can now follow the steps below to use your gift card online:
- Choose the items that you want to buy.
- Add the items to the cart, and then proceed to checkout.
- There will be options such as debit or credit cards, gift cards, PayPal, and others.
- Input your Visa gift card details.
- Enter your address in the billing section and finish the purchase.
Then you can use your Visa gift card to make online purchases. Also, note that some purchases may require up to 20% of the card balance.
How to Add Your Visa Gift Card to Your Smartphone
If you want to make payments a lot easier with your Visa gift card, you can add it to your other payment service, such as the Google Wallet app or Apple Wallet. The steps below will show you how to add a Visa gift to your wallet app.
How to Add a Visa Card to Google Wallet:
- Open the Google Wallet app on your device.
- Click “Add to Wallet +.”
- Choose “Payment Card.”
- Choose “New credit or debit card.”
- Input the details of the card.
- Input your details and choose “Save.”
Once you have entered all the information correctly, your Visa gift card will appear as a payment option.
Add a Visa Gift Card to your Apple Wallet:
- Open the Apple Wallet app.
- Click on the “+” located at the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Choose “Debit or Credit Card.”
- Input the details of the card or scan the card.
- Enter your billing address and save your information.
Then your Visa gift card will be displayed as a payment option in your Apple Wallet app.
Where Can’t I Use Visa Gift Cards?
Visa gift cards can’t be used at ATMs to make withdrawals, and they can’t be used anywhere outside the United States. Although most Visa gift cards can’t be used with touchless payments, you can add them to your phone’s wallet app.