Lately, YouTube shorts are very popular and they have taken over the creator’s world. Since its release in 2020, YouTube shorts have gained a total of 5 trillion views. Just like other short video-sharing platforms like TikTok, Snapchat, and Instagram reels. These short videos on YouTube are also very entertaining and if you are not careful, you may spend hours on YouTube because it is quite addicting.
YouTube shorts are usually 15-second to 60-second video that shows just a little aspect of a YouTube channel. These bite-size videos are also a great marketing tool and can bring several audiences to your YouTube channel. They will also be a great improvement to your YouTube channel.
Creators can also monetize their YouTube shorts and earn more money from them. However, this is only possible if you are part of the YouTube Partners Program. If you want to know how to make YouTube shorts to grow your channel, then you can read through this blog post.
What Are YouTube Shorts?
YouTube shorts are platforms for short videos. The videos are usually short and in vertical form and are usually recorded and edited that way before they are uploaded on YouTube. These short videos usually range from 15 seconds to minutes and they also have special effects and other features.
Shorts are created with inspiration from TikTok and other platforms for short videos such as Instagram Reels and Snapchat. YouTube shorts are now very popular and if care is not taken you might spend hours watching several interesting shorts on the video-sharing platform. It is quite addicting.
How Long Are YouTube Shorts?
Videos on YouTube Shorts range from 15 seconds to a minute. The set length is about 13 seconds; however, you can upload clips that are shorter than that. The main point is that it enables creators to share short and interesting videos.
Can YouTube Shorts be Monetized?
Although YouTube shorts cannot be monetized, still there are a few ways that you can make money off your YouTube shorts. Creators can select ways to earn money on their shorts through the ads that are shown alongside their videos if they are part of the YouTube Partner Program. This means that they will earn ad revenue from YouTube.
YouTube shorts creators will need at least 10 million views from the last 90 days in order to be a part of the Partner Program. As soon as they are in the program, they will earn 45% of ad revenue from their videos. The amount that you earn from the Shorts depends on the number of views on your shorts.
Requirements to Make a YouTube Short
Before you are able to make a YouTube short it is important to know that there are certain rules that you must comply with before YouTube allows you to make and post shorts. Here are the requirements to make a short:
- You must use the audio from the YouTube library or other videos for up to 60 seconds.
- The video must be 60 seconds in length. It can also be 15 seconds.
- You must have at least 1,000 subscribers before you can make the YouTube shorts.
- The videos must be in a vertical orientation along with a 9:16 aspect radio
- It must also have a 1920 pixels by 1080 pixels resolution.
And there you have it. After meeting the requirements, you can go ahead and make your YouTube shorts.
How to Make YouTube Short?
Making a YouTube short isn’t too hard once you know the steps. The guide below will provide the steps on how to make a YouTube Short:
- Sign in to your YouTube account through the YouTube app.
- Tap on the + button and then choose Create a Short.
- If you want to make a longer video than 15 seconds, tap the 15s button in the top right corner of the page to toggle to 60s.
- If you want to add special effects and elements to your short then you can go through the toolbar located on the right side of the screen.
- If you want to add sound to your short, you can click on the Add sound icon located at the top side of the screen.
- Record the video by clicking it to start recording or hold the record button.
- If you want to stop the recording you can click on it to stop.
- Click on the tick button to preview and improve your video.
- Once you are done editing your video, click on Next in the top-right-hand corner.
- If you are okay with the edit, you can click on Nex.
- Then you add a title and also select the settings for your short and if you want the video to be unlisted, public or private.
- Click Select Audience to choose whether the video is made for kids or if it needs an age restriction.
- Click Upload Short to publish your video.
After choosing your audience, then you go ahead and click Upload Short to share your video.
Benefits of Creating Shorts
YouTube shorts are a way for you to attract more audience to your YouTube channel. The more people watch your videos, the more your YouTube stats will improve. In addition, you will also get a better treatment in the algorithm of YouTube and it will also increase your audience. The shorts will also help you enhance your brand community on the platform.
How Do You Get Views on YouTube Shorts?
The key to getting more views on your YouTube is strategizing. Make sure that you create content that your audience can connect to and also reach your target audience. Make sure that you focus on the high variability topics that always get engagement. In addition, make sure that you talk about trending topics.