Hey there! Would you like to learn how to split screens on your iPad device? If yes, then this article is for you. This article aims to show you step-by-step guidelines on how to successfully split a screen on an iPad.
In the meantime, split view on the iPad is one of the most powerful and useful multitasking features that allow you to view, use, and interact with two different apps at the same time. With these features, you can complete a variety of tasks, such as taking notes while watching an online lecture, writing an email while browsing the internet, and a lot more.
In addition, this feature makes it possible for you to complete tasks in real-time. Whether you would like to stream a movie or reply to your emails, this is an ideal feature to consider. But before using this feature, it is important that you learn how to set it up. Read on to discover the easy steps on how to split your iPad screen without hassle.
How To Split Screen on iPad
In this section, I will be showing you the different ways to multitask on your iPad. But do not get worked up because it is very easy, and with these steps, you can be able to carry out this process within a few minutes. Now, here is how to split your screen on an iPad:
- Launch an application on your device.
- Next, tap on the Multitasking button, which is the three dots at the top of your screen.
- Click on the Split View option or the Slide Over
- After you do this, the app you opened recently will move to the side of your screen, and your home screen will show.
- Then, tap on the second app on your home screen.
- So, if you select Split View, the second app you open will be side by side with the first app.
- If you select the Slide Over option, the second app will cover the whole screen, and the first app will go to a smaller window. So, you can move it to any corner of your screen.
You have successfully split your iPad screen. Finally, you can be twice as productive and work conveniently as well.
How To Make Adjustments to Multitasking Windows
If you have finally split your screen and you would like to customize your multitasking proficiency, here is how to go about it.
- If you want to adjust your app sizes, drag the app divider to the right or left. If you want to make the apps have equal space, move the app divider to the middle of the screen.
- Then, if you want to turn the Split View app into a slide-over app, click on the Multitasking
- Next, click on the Slide Over option, then drag the app to the other app.
- If you want to close your Split View, click on the multitasking button, then click on the full-screen button in the app you wish to keep open.
- Or you can move the app divider over the app you wish to close.
- Lastly, if you want to replace an app you have closed, swipe down from the top and select another app from your home screen.
- If you wish to move the app using the Slide Over multitasking option, click on the multitasking option and drag it to your right or left.
- If you would like to change a SlideOver app into a split view app, click on the multitasking button.
- Next, click on the Split View option or move the app to the right or left side of your screen.
- If you wish to hide a Slide Over app, tap and hold the three-dot option on your screen.
- Then, swipe the app to the right or left of your screen.
- If you want to check out another app that you have in Split View, hold the bottom of the mobile app and drag it up.
When you do this, the Split View app will appear, and you can select any app to change it or close it.
How To Get Rid of Split Screen on iPad
If you are done being productive and no longer want to split your screen, then you can close it. However, if you do not know how to change it, then follow the steps below in this section to get rid of or exit from it:
- Click on the Multitasking button, which is the three dots at the top of the app you want to close.
- Then, tap Close.
- But if you want to close one app and keep the other one, when you click on the three dots at the top of your screen, tap on Fullscreen.
You can also make use of the Split View slider to move the app or move the app you do not want to use anymore. Using either of these means will help you get rid of your split screen and give you a full screen instantly.