How can I Hide my Apps on my iPhone? Hiding your apps on your iOS device is actually much easier than you think and it can also be done in multiple ways. If you wish to hide a particular app from your Home Screen, you can stick with us through this article as here, we will be enlightening you on how to go about that.
Meanwhile, you can hide the apps completely from your iPhone without uninstalling them. Thanks to the fact that you can create a separate folder to hide apps you want to be accessible to only you. Besides, this is a great way to unclutter your home screen. And thankfully, Apple has a method that you can use to hide the apps on your iPhone.
Although this is very easy, still not too many people are aware of this. Hence, here in this article, we will be enlightening you on some easy ways by which you can hide your apps on your iPhone. Read through to be enlightened.
How to Hide Apps on iPhone
Hiding apps on an iPhone is very easy to do. However, here is a guide you can follow below to hide your apps as an iPhone user.
- Head over to the Home Screen on your iPhone.
- If you are using the older version of the iPhone, then you can do this by tapping the Home button located at the bottom of your screen.
- If you are using the newer iPhone version or iPhone X and above, then you can swiftly swipe up from the bottom of your screen.
- After that, click and hold the app that you want to hide.
- Next, you will let go of the app and then a pop-up menu will show.
- Then you choose Edit Home Screen.
- Click and hold the app and then drag it onto another app.
- This will open a new folder on your iPhone Home Screen with the apps inside it
- Open the folder
- Next, you drag the app to the right to make a new folder window. To do this, you will have to drag the app to the right edge of the folder. Then your new folder window will be created and you can hide your apps.
- Lastly, click on any blank area on your phone screen and press Done. You will then see this in the top right corner of the screen.
This is one of the best methods that you can use to hide apps from your iPhone. It can also be used to completely remove the apps from your home screen.
How to Hide Apps on Your iPhone Using the App Library
Another way you can hide apps on your iPhone is through the app library. If you want to go through this method, you can follow the steps below;
- Head over to the Home Screen on your iPhone
- Next, press and hold the app that you wish to hide
- Then you click Remove app
- Lastly, press Remove from Home Screen.
- This will then remove the app from the Home Screen; however, you will still be able to see the app in the App Library. You can check your apps by swiping left on your Home Screen.
- There you will be able to find the apps that you have hidden by using the search bar located at the top of the App Library.
With this method, you will be able to hide apps on your iPhone. If you want to add the apps back to your Home Screen, you can press and hold the app and then choose Add to Home Screen.
Alternatively, you can also press and hold the app in the search result and then drag it to put it back on your Home Screen.
How To Hide Apps on iPhone By Hiding the Whole App Page
If you are searching for a way to hide more than one app, then you can hide the whole Home Screen page of apps. To do this, you will have to drag the app that you want to hide and put it on a different Home Screen Page. Then you can follow the procedures below:
- Tap and hold anywhere on your Home Screen and input Edit mode.
- Click the Home Screen dots that are located above your dock.
- Then you will see a small view of your Home Screen pages. If you want to hide a page from the view, then you can click the checkmark under the page and remove it.
And that is how you do it. When you swipe through your Home Screen pages, you will only see Home Screen pages with a checkmark. If you want to change your mind and you want to unhide any of the apps, you can press the circle icon to add the checkmark again.
How to Hide Apps on iPhone From the App Store Purchase History
If you enabled Family Sharing, this will allow anyone in your Family Group to see the apps that you have downloaded and the apps that you have bought. If you want to keep these apps private, then you can hide them from your App Store purchase history. Here is how to do it:
- Launch the App Store and then click on your profile icon located at the top right corner of the page
- Click on Purchased to see a list of the apps that you have bought previously through the App Store
- Click on My Purchase if you are using the Family Sharing
- When you find the app that you want to hide, you can swipe left on the app
- Click on Hide to remove the app from the list of purchased apps
- Repeat this process for the other apps that you wish to hide
- Once you are done, you can click on Done
This method enables you to hide the purchased apps from the App Store purchase history, however, the app will not be deleted from your iPhone.
Can I Lock Apps on my iPhone?
Yes, you can. However, this can be done with a passcode or a Face ID. If you are using the later version of the iPhone, you can use the passcode to lock the app. If the app that you want to lock doesn’t support passcode or Face ID, you can set a limit in your Screen Time settings.