Are you new to Payoneer? Then I am sure you might be wondering how to open a payoneer account. Worry less as here in this article, we will walk you through the Payoneer sign-up process in Nigeria.
In the meantime, Payoneer is an online banking platform that allows individuals to receive and send money through online means.
Furthermore, users can sign up and register for a virtual bank account in various currencies. And when they open an account they can also access Visa and MasterCard on the platform.
Moreover, the Payoneer platform is very easy and convenient to use. And guess what? When you link your bank card or bank account to your Payoneer account, you will not have to worry about transferring funds because thanks to this platform, it is now made easy.
But to be able to access all of its services, you need to open an account.
However, for individuals who are already Payoneer account owners, you do not have to create an account again. All you just need to do is process the login into your account which compared to the sign-up requires less information and fewer steps.
So, if you want to open a Payoneer account in Nigeria, you should read through this article as here we have all the information you need concerning “How to open a Payoneer account in Nigeria”.
Requirements To Open An Account
Before you are able to create a Payoneer account, there is some important information that you need to provide. So, here are the requirements to open a Payoneer account:
- Your date of birth.
- Full name.
- Contact information.
- Email address.
- A government-issued identification.
And lastly, your residential address. Keep in mind that you will need to enter all of this information to be able to open an account in Nigeria.
So, get your documents and information ready then follow the signup steps below to join millions of other users to own and gain access to a seamless money transaction platform.
How to Open a Payoneer Account in Nigeria
Creating a Payoneer account in Nigeria is very simple. But if you do not know how to carry out the process, I implore you to fret not. Besides, I have here easy steps on how to open a Payoneer account in Nigeria to assist you. Therefore, read to the end of this section to be able to create an account:
- Connect to the internet.
- Launch the Payoneer app on your mobile device.
- Or go to the Payoneer official website at https://www.payoneer.com/.
- Begin the registration process by tapping on the Register option at the top of the screen.
- On the next page, select who you are and what you need the account for.
- Enter your personal information like your full name.
- Email address.
- Date of birth.
- Country of residence (Nigeria).
- Then, continue to create your account credentials and a secured password.
- Provide your contact details or information.
- Phone number.
- Residential address.
- Choose your account type.
- Next, enter your government-issued ID.
- Once you provide all the important details, it will be reviewed for verification.
- But this will take a few days. You might also get an email from them asking for additional documents or information.
- Agree to their terms and conditions.
- When your account gets approved, you will get a confirmation email from Payoneer and will be taken to the login page.
- Tap on the activation link in the confirmation email to activate your account.
- Create security questions.
- Then, link your bank card or account to Payoneer.
Once you link your card or account, follow the instructions to be able to complete this process. After you are done, you can now send and receive money from anywhere in Nigeria.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I Need A Bank Account To Open A Payoneer Account?
To register for a PayPal account, you do not necessarily need a bank account. But once you have successfully registered for an account, you will get a US checking account alongside a MasterCard.
However, if you must withdraw your money from your Payoneer account to your local bank, you will then need your bank account and be required to put it down or link it.
Which Banks in Nigeria Support Payoneer?
There are several banks in Nigeria that support Payoneer. These banks include; FBN (First Bank Nigeria), UBA (United Bank For Africa), Access Bank, Zenith Bank, and GTB (Guaranty Trust Holding Company).
These are the top 5 Banks in Nigeria and all of these banks are compatible with Payoneer. So, if you use any of these, you can link your account to your Payoneer and be able to withdraw your money whenever you want to.
What is The Minimum Amount I Can Withdraw From Payoneer in Nigeria?
The minimum amount that can be withdrawn from a Payoneer account in Nigeria is about $50. You can use your receiving account to get at least $30, so you can get to the minimum amount of $50.