Taxi Driver Job in USA – Are you a taxi driver seeking new horizons in the United States? If so, you won’t want to miss the opportunity to apply for a taxi driver job in the USA with visa sponsorship. This means you can leave your visa-related worries behind.
With visa sponsorship, your employer will cover all the expenses associated with your migration to the United States. Plus you will also get to earn a competitive annual salary, averaging $33,147, which can increase with experience. Note that aside from applying for a taxi job in the United States, there are jobs you can apply for and some of which include:
- Dispatch Rider Job in USA With Visa Sponsorship – $28,000 US Dollars to $40,000 US Dollars.
- House Help Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship – $38,000 US Dollars to $44,000 US Dollars.
- Car Washing Job in the USA with Visa Sponsorship – $33,000 US Dollars to $40,000 US Dollars.
- Factory Worker Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship – $40,000 US Dollars to $50,000 US Dollars
- Gateman Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship – $32,100 US Dollars to $44,300 US Dollars.
- House Agent Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship – $42,200 US Dollars to $55,200 US Dollars.
Meanwhile, taxi drivers are responsible for safely transporting customers to their desired destinations while maintaining a courteous and efficient demeanor. If you possess these skills, you’re well-suited for this job. As a foreign applicant, this is your chance to secure a job and make the move to the United States.
Who is a Taxi Driver?
A Taxi driver transports their customers to their desired location through an automobile. They are mostly paid according to the time and distance taken to finish each trip. Taxi drivers also have good customer service skills because they deal with people every day.
Taxi drivers make sure that they take their clients to their preferred destinations while also maintaining pleasant behavior and ensuring their safety.
As a taxi driver, you are expected to be reliable, punctual, and also have outstanding time management skills. Furthermore, taxi drivers also stock the cab with supplies that the clients might be interested in such as snacks and daily papers.
What Is The Average Salary Of a Taxi Driver in USA?
In the United States, taxi drivers earn an average of $15.94 per hour and makeup to $33,147 per year.
This is only the national average, as the salary that a taxi driver will earn depends on their employer, the location, and also their level of experience.
Duties of a Taxi Driver in USA
Taxi drivers have lots of responsibilities assigned to them. One of the major responsibilities includes; transporting the client to their desired destination, maintaining pleasant behavior, and others. They also have several duties that they must carry out effectively and they include:
- Receiving payment from customers and also giving the exact change.
- Make sure that the vehicle is in working condition.
- Picking the customer from the start location and dropping them off at their desired destination.
- Following the traffic rules and regulations.
- Assist the clients with loading and unloading their goods.
- Check the vehicle for any small malfunctions
- Know the fare based on the time and distance between the locations and also the number of passengers.
- Drive to the shortest route.
- Repair any minor malfunction and check the oil regularly.
- Make sure that the vehicle is clean.
- Pay the tolls when required.
- Advise the clients on the local attractions.
- Make sure that the vehicle is in working condition.
- Schedule an appointment for the car washing and servicing.
These are the duties that taxi drivers are expected to carry out while working. If you want to get a job in the United States as a taxi driver, you should be able to carry out these duties.
Benefits of Working As a Taxi Driver in USA
Working as a taxi driver in the United States will guarantee lots of perks which makes the job worthwhile. Here are some of the perks:
- Income potential.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Independence and control.
- Earn as much as you want.
- Meeting new people.
- Little entry barriers.
These are the benefits that you will enjoy while working as a taxi driver in the United States. Note that these benefits may vary by employer, work experience, and more.
Type of Visa To Apply For, To Get a Taxi Driver Job in the United States
If you plan to work as a taxi driver in the United States, you would be required to apply for a work visa. With this work visa, you will be able to work and live in the United States legally.
However, the United States Immigration Service has several work visas for different categories of work that will enable a foreign national to work in the United States. For a taxi driver job, an H-2B visa will be the ideal choice.
H2B Visa: This work visa enables firms and companies to recruit employees to fill their short-term employment openings. This work visa can only be used when there aren’t any American citizens available for the specific job role.
Requirement to Apply For A Taxi Driver Job
American employers have a set of requirements that you must be able to meet before you can get hired as a taxi driver in the States. To guarantee that you will get hired as a taxi driver you need to meet these qualifications. Here are the basic requirements:
- Outstanding driving skills.
- You must have a clean driving record.
- A high school diploma.
- Good communication skills.
- You must be physically fit.
- You must be able to provide top-quality customer service.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work at flexible hours.
- You must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be familiar with GPS and other navigation tools.
- Good hygiene standards.
- Must have a good vision.
- You must have an experience as a driver.
These are the requirements that you are expected to meet before you are eligible for a taxi driver job in the United States with visa sponsorship.
Where to Find Taxi Driver Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
Although, it can be a little hard to find any job opening in the United States as a foreigner, however, this isn’t impossible. With the help of job search sites, you can be able to find taxi driver job openings in the United States. Here are some of the job search sites:
These are some of the job search sites that you can use to find taxi driver jobs in USA with visa sponsorship. They also have the full details of the job such as the requirements, salary, and also the link to apply. You can count on these job search sites to help you find taxi driver job openings.
How to Apply
Applying for the job role is the next step after finding a taxi job opening in the United States. The job application process is pretty easy and once you have all the documents required you can begin your job application. The guide below will instruct you on how to apply:
- Connect to the internet
- Open your web browser and visit Indeed official website https://www.indeed.com/
- On the homepage, enter the type of job you are searching for.
- Enter the location you want to find the job opening.
- Tap on the Search button.
- It will bring out a list of taxi job openings.
- Scroll down and choose the one that you wish to apply for.
- Tap on it and you will see the full details of the job.
- If you are satisfied with it, you can tap on Apply on Company Site
- You will be taken to the company’s website
- Apply for the job there.
- Provide the necessary document.
- Then you submit your application form.
These are the steps that you must carry out if you want to apply for a taxi driver job in USA. After a thorough review, the employers will respond to you.