Are you a skilled tailor, well experienced at making dresses? If yes, then you should read through this article as there is something you should know as a skilled tailor. Recently, reports have made it known that Tailors are in high demand in USA. And to cover all these demands for Tailors, Tailoring Jobs are being given out by US employers to skilled and experienced foreign tailors. And alongside this job, visa sponsorship is offered.
So, are you skilled and experienced? Then you should consider applying for any of these Tailoring Jobs in USA with a Visa Sponsorship. Besides, with the hob, you get to earn over $18.90 per hour. And even a lot more per month and year alongside lots of unique benefits.
Moreover, new fashion trends are coming up frequently in the United States which is why companies need people like you. So, if you are a foreigner and you are looking to share your talents with new individuals, then apply for Tailoring Jobs In USA With Visa Sponsorship. This is because it is a great opportunity.
Furthermore, aside from tailoring jobs, there are also other opportunities that foreigners can try out. However, before you are considered for employment by an employer, qualifications and experience are very important factors. These factors are also behind the determination of whether or not you get a job as a foreigner in the United States.
Who Is A Tailor?
Tailors are professional individuals that take care of the clothing aspect of human life. Without them, nice dresses and costumes for both men and women will not be available. Tailors are also known as dressmakers or seamstresses.
So, if you have skills in fashion designing and dressmaking, then you need these Tailoring Jobs in USA With Visa Sponsorship. Besides, your services are highly needed in the United States.
What Is The Average Salary Of A Tailor In The United States?
The salary of tailors differs in the United States. Besides, different states offer different amounts. But, the average salary of a tailor is $18.90 in the United States of America per hour.
Also, tailors in the US make about $38,415 per year. But if you are a well-experienced worker in the United States you can earn about $54,800 per year. While as for entry-level positions, they make $30,225 per annum.
Types Of Tailors And Their Average Salary Per Year
As mentioned earlier, the average salary of tailors in the United States differs. For an idea of how much Tailors earn per year, here is a table you can check out below.
Now, you know how much tailors are making in the United States based on their specialty and field.
Responsibilities Of A Person Working As A Tailoring Job In USA With Visa Sponsorship
As a tailor in the United States, you are assigned some responsibilities that you need to be able to carry. They include:
- Rendering helps customers by selecting nice and fitting fabrics.
- Erasing off chalk marks from the pieces of fabric.
- Ironing finished clothing.
- Amending torn garments and clothing.
- Altering garments for clients based on what they like and prefer.
- Taking measurements of your clients.
- Attaching labels on finished clothes to avoid mix-ups.
- Fixing fitting together.
Above all, a tailor also must help customers understand their body shape and recommend styles that fit them well, and many more.
READ MORE: Unskilled Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
Benefits Of Working A Tailor Job In USA With Visa Sponsorship
Apart from being able to earn money while working, there are benefits that you can enjoy when you apply for Tailoring jobs in USA with visa sponsorship. The benefits that you can enjoy as a foreigner include:
- Dental insurance.
- Paid leave.
- Flexible operating hours.
- Vision Insurance.
- Health insurance.
- High salary.
And many more. But keep in mind that the benefits that you enjoy depend on the company that is hiring you.
Type Of Visa To Apply For To Get A Tailoring Visa Sponsorship Job In USA
Currently, there are three types of visas that enable non-citizens to work Tailoring jobs in USA with visa sponsorship. In other words, you can travel and move to the United States for free.
- EB-3 Visa.
- H-1B visa.
- H-2B visa.
The EB-3 is one of the types of visas that you can use to apply for and work in Tailoring jobs in USA with visa sponsorship. It is also considered to be an employment-based visa.
Foreign tailors are eligible to apply for the H-1B visa. So, by applying for this visa, you will be able to work in USA comfortably with visa sponsorship.
The H-2B visa is for skilled workers. So, skilled tailors can work in the United States with this visa type.
Requirements To Apply For A Tailor Visa Sponsorship Jobs
The following are the requirements to get and secure Tailoring jobs in USA with visa sponsorship:
- You need to know fabric types, fabric care, and fabric colors.
- High school diploma and GED certificate.
- You need to have clothing design experience.
- Garment construction and pattern-creating ideas.
- Sewing skills and techniques.
- Sewing equipment ideas and knowledge.
- You need to know the human body shapes.
- Excellent customer relations.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Problem-solving skills.
You also need to be a determined person and you must have the ability to finish projects before deadlines.
Where To Find Tailor Job In USA With Visa Sponsorship
Different online websites allow foreigners to apply for jobs online. These websites are very reliable and competent. Moreover, they bring you updates on the latest jobs that are posted. Some of them are:
And many more. So, this way, you will be able to find new employers that need foreigners to work for them and also offer sponsorship.
How To Apply For A Tailoring Job In USA With Visa Sponsorship
Applying for Tailoring jobs in USA with visa sponsorship is very easy. You can perform this process from the comfort of your home. Plus, you can use these job websites to apply very quickly. However, you need to be aware that securing these positions is very competitive so you should act fast. Here is the application process for Tailoring jobs in USA with visa sponsorship:
- Connect to the internet.
- Open your search engine.
- You can also make use of any web browser of your choice.
- Prepare and make your resume and cover letter ready for the hirer.
- Then, visit the website of any job website that you want to use.
- Search for Tailoring jobs in USA with visa sponsorship in the search bar.
- Tap on anyone to read its details.
You can also find the benefits and qualifications required for the position in the job description section. Once you read through it and you see and know which job is perfect for you.
Likely Interview Questions You May Encounter When You Apply
In this section, I will be guiding you on some of the questions that the hirer may ask you when you want to apply for tailoring jobs in USA with visa sponsorship
- Have you undergone training on fragile fabrics?
- How many years have you been active as a tailor?
- Why do you want to work In the United States as a tailor?
- How do you preserve your sewing equipment?
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your major fears when it comes to working as a tailor?
- Have you ever mixed up a client’s clothes with another client’s? How do you handle the case?
- What are the duties of a person working tailoring jobs in the United States?
- How do you manage stress as a tailor?
- What sewing skills do you use the most?
- Reveal some of the sewing skills that you are aware of.
- How do you maintain a rude and impatient client?
- Do you have an idea about embroidery?
Therefore, study and find out the right answers to these questions before you take the interview to work as a tailor in the US.